Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

client has pieces in .dxf format and wants to send the pieces to me to make a marker, is this possib

ppenguinppenguin Posts: 11
Hi,
A client has pieces in .dxf format and wants to send the pieces to me to make a marker, is this possible? If it is possible how to I import .dxf pieces?

Thanks in advance for any insight
Pam

Comments

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭
    Hi, rigth there you may import as DXF (aama) as well standsrt dxf in PDS.
    Also there is data convertor in Accumark explorer.
  • ppenguinppenguin Posts: 11
    When I bring the .dxf piece file into PDS using DXF wizard or standard dxf I get the piece that is very tiny or a dotted line of the piece in a rectangle? not usable?

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭
    What about AAMA(DXF)?
  • JoergJoerg Posts: 1
    We also faced the issue some years ago, that we got tiny pieces, or sometimes huge pieces. This has something to do with the header in DXF, where the scaling (metric or imperial, and even cm or mm) is not mentioned correctly. In the conversion utility, there is an "Options" field under "View", where for standard DXF as well as for ASTM/AAMA DXF there is the possibility to go for several units.
    The easiest way to set up such conversion is, to ask the sender to submit a rectangle with defined measurements, so you can see the needed factor after importing and can adjust the measurement options.

Good Luck
    Joerg