Updating Accumark v8.4 to V12 or later

LaiskaneseLaiskanese Posts: 2
At this time I have Accumark v8.4 (I KNOW) on windows pc, and digitizer with infinity 45 plotter running together. Hardware is 12 years old so the question is, is it possible to update everything for mac OS? I contacted to my local Gerber distributor and in my wonder they said Gerber is not officially supporting Accumark on Mac. I saw people who works on Mac here, so I don't think programs are not supported on Mac OS. Thanks for any help!
Monika
Tagged:

Comments

• MuhammadOwaisMuhammadOwais Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    @Laiskanese Gerber's latest software don't support MacOS, Not Mac (Hardware) You can still run them using virtual machine but Its not a good option. I'd suggest You to grab latest hardware possible and go for v13. But the system specs depends mostly on Your kind of Work (Pattern Designing, Costing planning or Nesting). Please lookup to the following post:
    https://gerbertechnology.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/4919#Comment_4919
  • Sue CarrierSue Carrier Posts: 107 Gerber Staff 💛
    It's true - AccuMark is not officially supported to run on MACs. While it may run, if you come across any issues we may be able to answer some questions, but we will not troubleshoot the issue. 

This is a quote from the AccuMark V13 Release Notes:
    AccuMark Family products running on MAC computers with Software Dongles
    Minimal testing has been done with running AccuMark Family Products on MAC computers using Parallels* and BootCamp*. These environments have not been fully tested, and users may run into difficulties or complications. DO NOT use for soft licensing! While we did not come across issues using AccuMark Family applications on these MAC – OS environments on supported hardware, and you may also find that it runs without significant problems - note that Gerber does not officially support these MAC - OS environments. It is recommended that you should only attempt this configuration if you have someone on your team proficient in using these tools and configurations, you will not be able to receive support assistance for unsupported environments. If you want official support, please stay with the currently supported operating systems as listed in the Release Notes. * Parallels is a desktop virtualization software that allows Microsoft Windows, Linus and Google Chrome operating systems and applications to run on an Apple MAC computer. * Boot Camp is a multi boot utility that assists users in installing Microsoft Windows operating systems on Intel-based Macintosh computers.