Regenerating marker problem

SLStoneSLStone Posts: 85
Whenever I change a pattern piece, and regenerate the maker, multiple pieces unplace all over the marker. I can't get them replaced easily  and I use the fit piece button but it might work on only a couple.  This happens with a notch being added or deleted, which I can't understand why it would do that.
I know that if you change a seam or shape, that piece and maybe ones right next to it might unplace,  but internals, drills, notches shouldn't.
So then I have to send these markers through nesting all over again, create cut data ect and it is very frustrating and a waste of time.
Hope there is a solution I haven't seen in the book

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 562 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited August 10

Check your Easy Marking Settings and compare to Accunest Queue Submit for rounded buffers. This is what adds extra space between the pieces and edge of the marker borders. Uncheck what you have and compare to these settings.
  • SLStoneSLStone Posts: 85
    I set mine to yours and it still did it
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 721 ✭✭✭
    1. Do you use same version accumark and accunest? Doed all hotfixes instaleed?

2. What notches do you use? Maybe outside V?
    We just updated to the most current versions and we use a inside V
    V13 would have reset your Marker Settings. Did you export your previous Marker Settings before the upgrade or have a copy of it somewhere?
    Ours is 12.2.1.135 right now in all the programs
    OK, most current version is now V13.0.0.385. What version did you upgrade from? Do you have the settings from it? 

I don't think so, my IT guy did the updating.  I didn't realize our settings would change from one version to the next. We upgraded from a 12. something to this one
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 721 ✭✭✭
    @SLStone, can you just open marker after software upgrade. Not update markers. Are all pieces placed?
  • MuhammadOwaisMuhammadOwais Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @SLStone Try using ToolBox Override and then Place piece using ESC...
    I opened a marker that hasn't had a pattern change and it was fine.
    Reprocessing markers for updated pattern changes will not change their placement unless your settings are checked to add the buffer to the marker border and your existing placement was tight. It's the increase in buffer allowance that will will unplace them. If you are using AccuNest, the same feature is in that application and when you send to the queue with this turned on, it will include this buffer border amount as well.
    So I don't want that box checked, correct?
    edited August 13
    Check Round Buffers and uncheck Undo Buffer Marker Border in Marker Settings. Then check Round Buffers and you should see the differences. 

From Online Help in Easy Marking:

Round Buffers

This option makes buffered pieces less distorted and to clip tight corners. This rounding does not apply to blocked pieces, buffered piece with matching rules or pieces with segment buffer. This option will give you less block/buffer amount around the piece compared to the classic buffer method, in addition to a rounded corner. (only for pieces with a bevel perimeter; it will not change the way the block/buffer is calculated for horizontal and vertical perimeter lines).Less block/buffer and rounded corner will help to place pieces closer together to save fabric and to get a better utilization.

Buffer Marker Border

Easy Marking has the option to not use Buffer for the Marker border. Marker border is the left and right line and the top and bottom salvage. When the option is checked, the classic way to use the buffer is used. If the option is unchecked, the pieces will be placed by overlapping the buffer amount at the Marker Border. If the value is set to not use Buffer for Marker border, the float piece function will also use this. If the split function is used in Marker Making, the split pieces will not overlap the Marker border.