ordering sizes in Easy Order

jdmasseyjdmassey Posts: 18
How do I make my sizes appear in the marker in the same sequence as selected when I ordered in Easy Order.

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 102 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello:

Are you generating these markers using AccuNest?  If so, then you can manage size sequence in AccuNest Job Options.

Check #5 Placement Groups in the Image and Select by Size instead of Bundle.

Jaye.

• jdmasseyjdmassey Posts: 18
    When I order in easy order, the sizes that I order appear in the marking menu from smallest to largest. I want the sizes that I order and process in Easy order to appear in the marking menu in the same sequence as I order them. I do not understand what this feature in accunest does. I  tried changing per your instructions but the sizes in the marking menu continue to show from smallest to largest. When I order a shirt, I order all my regular length first and then I order the long lengths. I would choose LREG  XLREG to be my first two bundles, then I would order MLNG. this should be bundle 3. When I retrieve the marker the MLNG is bundle 1 in the marking menu because it is the smallest size. I want it to be number 3 as ordered.

Hi:

Thanks for providing a bit more information.  So it sounds as if you are creating these markers manually using our Easy Order-Easy Marking software applications, correct?

AccuNest is a different software application we offers that provides a very powerful engine that works to optimize fabric utilization.  AccuNest automatically processes the markers for you.

If you are manually creating markers, then the marker menu is setting up the pieces to be placed in the marker based on the size order detailed in the model.  This information is carried over into Easy Order when you are inputting information to process the marker.

Even if you are, for example, typing 2 for size 4 first and then typing 3 for size 2, Easy Order only knows to process based on the order of the sizes listed....so 2, then 4, then 6, and so on.  It does not "read" the order you are manually selecting and "knowing" that this is the order to layout your sizes in the Easy Marker Piece Display.

You can try to "trick" the system by changing by changing Bundle Starting Character which is found in Easy Marking in View-Settings.  Please also see attached image below.

I am not sure this will resolve your issue, but may be worth a try. 

My colleagues may have more information to share to help resolve, but based on my understanding...Easy Marker Piece Display order is directly connected to the order of the pieces in Easy Order which is directly connected to the order of the sizes in the Model.

Other "tricks" may include changing "Active Sizes" in the Model Editor...will not rearrange the sizes in Easy Order, but does remove sizes that are not "considered" active from Easy Order.  This option is found in the Model Editor--Edit-Active Sizes.

Final "trick", would be to "rearrange" the sizes in the grade rule table associated with the pieces.  This would then change the order of the sizes read in Easy Order and processed in Easy Marking.  I do not recommend this "trick" for a number of development and production reasons....but would possible address your concern.

Does anyone have any ideas for JD Massey?  Thanks.

Jaye.
    Classic marking and order editor is the program that I use. I understand this will eventually be phased out and no new improvements are being made to these programs.  I am trying to get familiar with Easy Order and Easy Marking. In Order Editor the size that I order first shows as bundle number 1 in the marking menu regardless as to how it is set up in the size code. Now in Order editor if I order a 2x first and then a Med. The 2x will be bundle #1 in the marking menu. In Easy Order the med would be #1 in the menu. 
    Hi:

Yes, now I understand...and that's a great feature with Classic Marking and Order Editor.  I've checked and I do not see where we have this same option available in Easy Order.  This would be a great update to suggest using our Gerber PERU (Problem and Enhancement Report Utility).  Using the PERU would give provide a direct link to our software development team to take a look at this software enhancement request and chart a timeline for adding, if applicable.  I would suggest in the meantime to continue to use Order Editor but process in Easy Marking...this way the transition is much easier for you, JD Massey.  I hope this helps:).

Jaye.
    Thank you for your help
    My pleasure:)!
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    @jdmassey, tell please how you can change sizes order in EasyOrder?
    as i see thereis is from smallest to bigest.

Hi Vasyl:  Please check my earlier responses to the customer and note that I did not see a way to reorder the sizes using Easy Order.  I have advised the customer that this would be a great enhancement request to share with our software development team using our Gerber PERU.  Thanks again for your help:)!
    Jaye Brown, I did try to send this report but the email keeps giving an error. I have not been able to send this report so far.

Hello:

Are you referring to the Gerber PERU report?  If so, then you will need to send the attachment you've created in Gerber Peru to [email protected]

You will need to select Email Configuration: None and you will need to save the file created to your desktop.  I've included the image below. 

You will find the setting in the Problem Enhancement Utility under File-Properties.

I hope this is clear and helps.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaye.
  • MuhammadOwaisMuhammadOwais Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    @jdmassey Hi,
    I have faced same problem a couple of years ago when we generate multiple size ranges in same pattern Like for Regular, Big Regular, Tall and Extra Tall size ranges.
    The problem was our ranges got mix like after S size, we get LT instead of M. 
    For that we've created multiple size set of patterns as each for each range. than we put grading into them according to the range. 
    After that created separate model for each and process them in order editor separately. 

Than they will appear in the Classic Marking separately.

But still it won't give You to rearrange the sizes within one model range. 
    @Vasyl You can manually type the sizes to give it custom arrangement.