Connecting to Company Drive in Accumark

tidivi23tidivi23 Posts: 142 ✭✭
Hello :-) 

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these crazy times. 

I am no longer connected to my company drive in Accumark (I don't have access to the folders and patterns that I usually do) 

If I remember correctly, this has something to do with the userroot folder and perhaps how things are "mapped" in my computer. 

Can someone provide me with a document that lists the necessary steps for set up of Network drives and folders so that I can forward it to my IT team. 

Thank you n advance!!

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 109 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello:  

Please reference link for more details on mapping drives https://gerbertechnology.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/4513#Comment_4513

Our community members have already done a great job with addressing this question.  I hope it helps!

Jaye.

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Posts: 569 Gerber Staff 💛
    Are you connected to your company network?  If you are connected to your company network you should see the drives after pressing CTRL and F5.  IF you have done that and still are not seeing the drives you can go to windows explorer and see the disconnected connections, you should be able to click on those drives to reconnect.  Then use CTRL f5 again in AccuMark.

• tidivi23tidivi23 Posts: 142 ✭✭
    Hi @Jaye Brown and @Lisa Lowell 

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed! 

Pressing CTRL and F5 worked !!!
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 570 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited March 20
    @tidivi23 You have some great questions! Are you trying to see the same network paths for storage areas you are used to seeing INSIDE the office? Are they SQL or  Windows Network drives? This is very important because even though CTRL + F5 will refresh your drives in datascan, that does not necessarily mean it will be good for your data if you are not using SQL AND you are working outside of the office as in working from home. Please explain this piece to us.

We are having a live online session to address working remotely during these challenging times. It will be next week and posted on GC for everyone very soon. Please stay tuned!
    Hi @Kathy

Yes, I am trying to see the same network paths for storage areas that I am used to seeing inside of the office. 

What is SQL vs. Windows Network? I will have to ask our IT team.

Do you know what day the online session will be held? 
    @tidivi23 It is next Tuesday. Please tell all your friends! 
    You can tell what type of network drive you are using by if it is a letter or number.
    Do you see mapped letter drives or a number in AM-Explorer?

Hi @Kathy Valade 

I see letters.
    OK letters are for the Windows server drives and wide area networks are not really supported in this case. Therefore, your network drives containing AccuMark storage data could have some syncing issues, depending on your band width over the internet. My recommendation is to run Check Storage Areas and View Refresh (CTRL+F5) regularly. If you are the only one in and out of the storage drive it may be ok. But again, we only support SQL drives for real-time data replication and syncing abilities.  It is much faster to copy the data to local storage areas, do your work and copy back to the network storage areas and then run Check and Datascan.

Will you join us for the session next Tuesday at 12:15 on Facebook Live?
    @Kathy Valade 

Yes I plan to join the session on Tuesday, thank you for sharing!  

When you say copy my work to local storage areas, are you referring to the C: Drive that has the "DATA90" folder inside of it? If I copy the pieces to that folder and do my work there and save there, will everything be ok? 

Also, if and when I use View Refresh, is it ok if I still have an active workspace open in patter design (with the pieces that I'm working on)?

Thanks for all of your help! 
    Great! We look forward to you joining us Tuesday! You’re a great champion of GC. I was referring to the C-drive as a storage area location. Data90 storage area is installed with AccuMark as a “test” storage area for support and training purposes. I suggest you create NEW storage areas on the local C-drive that reflect your current work. You should always close other AccuMark applications like PDS and model editors whenever you are using Refreshing, Copying and Checking Storage Areas. This prevents data locking issues.