AI file size limitation

Hello All

Please let me know the AI size limitation to upload AI file from PLM plugin . My Customer is using PLM 7.7.4 version and to upload the 300 Mb file it takes 20 Min, Although their internet speed is very good.

Thanks
Rahul

Comments

• Michael LockMichael Lock Gerber Staff 💛
    rahul said:
    Hello All

Please let me know the AI size limitation to upload AI file from PLM plugin . My Customer is using PLM 7.7.4 version and to upload the 300 Mb file it takes 20 Min, Although their internet speed is very good.

Thanks
    Rahul
    Clay, can you provide some input here please, thanks
  • Hello all,

In Illutrator, you can create very big files.  The files should not be so big.  If they reduce the size of their files, then it could be easier to upload them in PLM.
    To avoid this problem they have to:
    - Delete their library of Symbols/Brushes/Swatches
    - They do not import jpg files but use a screenshot of the jpg files
    - no use the original prints (because in the TP in PLM is a pdf file and it notdedicated to the printer machine): the print usely is used to fill the garments, so no needed to be really precise.

• Clayton ParkerClayton Parker Gerber Staff 💛
    @rahul
    Once the client upgrades to version 7.8 or 8.0+ the adobe plugin will process the files asynchronously in the background for the user. This means the file will be processed in the background and allow the user to start working on another file while it processes. 

I would also advise that the client look at their AI file formatting as Beatrice is commenting above. 300MB is excessively large. 

• Hi, I did not understand the below point . Please help explain in detail
    - Delete their library of Symbols/Brushes/Swatches
    - They do not import jpg files but use a screenshot of the jpg files

Thanks
    Rahul

• HI rahul, the maximum workspace area in Adobe Illustrator is 5.77 mts