Error Recycling / Deleting "Stored Digitized Data" and "Folders"

In AccuMark Explorer, we tried deleting/ recycling the stored digitized data but for some reason it won't delete.  We also tried moving all other files over to a new folder and deleting the folder with the Stored digitized data but that was also unsuccessful, as we received the same error message.

In a nutshell this was the process we took.  In AccuMark Explorer we selected the "stored digitized data"  >> Right click  >> Selected "Delete" 

Confirm Delete will pop-up; stating      "Are you sure you want to send Stored Digitized Data '(insert name of data) from (insert name of folder)  on ( insert name of device)  to the Recycling Bin?  >>>Selected Yes >> New tab called "AccuMark Explorer" will pop-up stating " Error recycling (insert name of stored digitized data).  Do you wish to continue?.  >>>  Clicked Yes  >>> Refreshed Accumark Explorer and Stored digitized Data is still there.  
We also tried doing a Check with verbose and digitized selected.  We then refreshed the storage area and restarted the computer.  Did the same process again after the check, with no luck.

When doing the same process by deleting the folder in AccuMark Explorer, we had no luck with that as well.  

Comments

• Sorry, as for the questions, if I was not clear in my earlier discussion.

1) How can I delete the stored digitized Data?
    2) How can I delete the Folder?
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Stored Digitized Data is a data type. It should delete and show up in the Recycle Bin. Is your Recycle Bin full? What version of Accumark is this happening on?

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛

You can't delete the digitizer folder, but you should be able to delete the data in it.  If your recycle bin is full you can right click on that and empty it.  If you can't delete the files in Accumark explorer go to  c:\acmkrbin and delete all the files in there.  Then go back to AccuMark explorer.
  • Kit_KKit_K
    edited February 5
    Hi Kathy.  We are using version 8.5.1.137.  The stored digitized data unfortunately does not delete.  My Recycle Bin in AccuMark Explorer is empty.  
  • Kit_KKit_K
    edited February 5
    Hi Lisa. 
     Sorry if I wasn't specific about the folder.  I am not trying to delete the digitizer folder.  I am trying to delete new folders both version 8 and version 7.  I recently created the folders in November 2018, however it will not delete. 

Also thank you, we followed your directions.  We went to C:/acmkrbin and deleted all the files in there.  Then we went back into AccuMark Explorer, noticed it was still there; So we tried to delete the files there as well.  We did a check with verbose & digitzed again, refreshed the storage area and restarted the computer.   

Unfortunately, that did not work either. We noticed the data we delete on C:/acmkrbin went into the computer's recycle bin, and we deleted it there as well. 

In Accumark Explorer the stored digitized data still gives me the error message and will not delete.  However,  I may have found more information that might be causing this issue.  All the data in C:/acmkrbin had a Norton security icon next to all the data. 

Is this something that I should be concerned about?  
    @Kit_K
    You mentioned that you are "trying to delete new folders both version 8 and version 7.  I recently created the folders in November 2018, however it will not delete. "

Check your Norton antivirus Exceptions settings and be sure to add AccuMark programs to the list. It appears that Norton will not let certain files or types to delete and this is not uncommon these days. Please take a look at the attached document which was started post V8.5. It should still provide the guidelines you need to make the exceptions to manage your AccuMark programs and data as expected.

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Hi @Kit_K.
    Did you check storage areas?!
    Do this first, but turn off antivirus before. Next try to delete if you data still present
    @Kit_K - you also mentioned trying to delete V7 and V8 folders. Are you referring to storage areas? From Windows Explorer, you can go to C:\userroot\storage (or a network drive) and delete the entire storage area folder here. Then, go back to AM-Explorer and run Refresh Storage Area and Check All Storage Areas. This will sync up the list so all of your current active storage areas display correctly. 
  • Hi Kathy.  Thank you,  I was able to delete the two folders  by going into Windows Explorer by following your last instructions " C:/userroot/storage  and delete the entire storage area folder"  When I went back into Accumark Explorer I noticed the two storage areas I deleted locked up and I had to unlock both folders, check storage with verbose and digitize and then re-deleted each folder.  Thank you again!

As for deleting the stored digitized data,  we decided to uninstall Norton Security as it was expired. I did a check storage area with verbose and digitize selected and refreshed my storage areas to see if the stored digitized data would delete.  However the stored digitized data won't delete from any of my folders in Device: G.   

As an update we went into C:/acmkrbin and deleted all the files in there.  After uninstalling and deleting Norton Security I went to double check C:acmkrbin and it's empty.  I also went into G:/userroot/selected the folder the stored digitized data was in and went into "data" .   I noticed a dat file  "pack.dat"  still had the Norton Security icon next to it.   I am not sure if this is something I should delete or if there is any other file types I should be deleting.  Any thoughts or concerns?
  • Kit_KKit_K
    edited February 6
    Thank you @Vasyl.   Yes, in Accumark Utilities we did a check one storage area with verbose and digitized selected.  We strive to do this daily as a morning and closing procedure. 
    We disabbled Norton Security and then we did a check storage area.  We tried to delete the stored digitized data in Accumark Explorer but it still gives me the same error message.  We have restarted the computer did a check storage area again, and tried deleting it with no luck.  
    Hi Kit_K,
    Good work! I still think your Norton Security has blocked files and you should probably reinstall the software with Norton disabled or uninstalled one more time.  Then, list the software as safe on an exceptions list before turning it back on. If you deleted storage areas in Windows Explorer, the first thing to do is reboot or open AM-Explorer and run Refresh All so the deleted folders are removed from the view. They should be gone, not shown as locked.