XLD DIGITIZER

chandchand Channel Partner Member
please suggest i getting continuously error as "CANNOT OPEN SERIAL PORT, CHECK TASK LIST AND CONFIGURATION IN CONTROL PANEL" on XLD digitizer please advice

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Try moving the usb cable connected the the digitizer to another usb port.  It is possible the port has gone bad or is having issues.
    When you do this check in hardware config to see if the port number has changed.
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    See attached instructions to check the USB ports to ensure that they are open and available and not going to "sleep" mode.
  • hi, i am want to use china made digitizer, how it possible. kindly tell me whole procedure.
    This has never been tested with AccuMark.  To the best of my knowledge, it is not supported. The drivers for the table are not in the software, therefore most likely it will not work.

• Hi @Kathy Valade , I am following your instruction to clear the problem in my customer that using Windows10 Enterprise 64-bit but still encounter same error as above. Can you check the digitizer type as attached whether it is still support with Win 10? Thanks.
    This is a numonics digitizer.  Do you hear two beeps when you turn on the power to the table?  Do you hear continuous beeping when you hover the cursor over the app 1 or app 2 box in the lower right corner?  Is there a green light on the cursor in between the 1 and 2 buttons on the cursor, you may have to lift the template to see it.

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Please follow Lisa's instructions.
    This is not an XLD digitizer but a numonics digitizer.  This should be configured in AccuMark Hardware configuration.  Are you getting two beeps when you turn the power on to the table?  If you hover the cursor over the app1 and app2 box on the lower right corner do you hear continuous beeping?  Is this plugged into a serial port? If this is plugged into a serial port you may need a converter.  The serial ports are an old technology and DO NOT work well with the newer computers.  You can order the serial to usb converter (and it is STRONGLY recommended to get one from Gerber)  The off the shelf ones do not always work and if they do initially they almost always fail eventually.  You can call 800.321.2448 and order part number P83294A.  You can also test the communications of the plotter using a program called Hercules.  Here is the link for that https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility  Download and test the table specifying the com port you are using for the digitizer.  Open the port and press the cursor on random spots on the table.  If you see data in the Hercules window communications are good.  If not most likely the table is dead and you need to replace the table or the controller box, which cost about the same.
    Is this plugged into a serial port on your computer?  The serial ports are older technology and do not always work very well and have been known to stop working.  You can order a serial to usb converter from Gerber that is guaranteed to work.  You can call 800.321.2448 and order part number P8324A. You can also use this utility to test communications.  https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility specify the com port in hercules and press the cursor on the table top, if you see characters the table is communicating, if not either the cursor or the table is bad and will need replacing.
    This is not an XLD digitizer but a numonics digitizer.  This should be configured in AccuMark Hardware configuration.  Are you getting two beeps when you turn the power on to the table?  If you hover the cursor over the app1 and app2 box on the lower right corner do you hear continuous beeping?  Is this plugged into a serial port? If this is plugged into a serial port you may need a converter.  The serial ports are an old technology and DO NOT work well with the newer computers.  You can order the serial to usb converter (and it is STRONGLY recommended to get one from Gerber)  The off the shelf ones do not always work and if they do initially they almost always fail eventually.  You can call 800.321.2448 and order part number P83294A.  You can also test the communications of the plotter using a program called Hercules.  Here is the link for that https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility  Download and test the table specifying the com port you are using for the digitizer.  Open the port and press the cursor on random spots on the table.  If you see data in the Hercules window communications are good.  If not most likely the table is dead and you need to replace the table or the controller box, which cost about the same.
    Is this plugged into a serial port on your computer?  The serial ports are older technology and do not always work very well and have been known to stop working.  You can order a serial to usb converter from Gerber that is guaranteed to work.  You can call 800.321.2448 and order part number P8324A. You can also use this utility to test communications.  https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility specify the com port in hercules and press the cursor on the table top, if you see characters the table is communicating, if not either the cursor or the table is bad and will need replacing.
  • Hi @Lisa Lowell , Noted and thanks for your support. I have told my customer to buy new Gerber Digitizer that support with new PC and Win10. Thanks!