Grading Method Changes

How can I change the grading method in a rule table that already exists?

Answers

• Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello @cistook,

In order to change the grading method, open up a new table from AccuMark Explorer, via File > New. From here you can select View > Grading Options in order to change the grading method, which is system wide. Once a Rule Table is saved with information, you cannot change the method from there.

You can also set the method a little more directly in PDS by going to the Grade tab and choosing Grade Options from the Size Line panel.
  • Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Be Aware if you change this it is a Global setting and will change the rule tables in All of your storage areas.
  • What I understand from the two responses is that when grading methods are set (when creating a new rule table) it is setting the global method and cannot be changed once the table is saved.  If the grading method cannot be changed in a specific file, can a new file be started, with a new grading method, and can the rules from an existing file be copied over?

I know that I can open a file and then Save As to give it a new name, but am unable to change the grading method then.  
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi:

As Lisa advised earlier, the grading method is a global setting...which means the grading method “lives” in every storage area and in every file.  Creating a new file using Save As will not allow you to change the grading method for this one piece of data.  If you change the grading method, all of your files, old and new, will calculate based on the new grading method.  I understand you want to apply a new grading method to just this one new file, but the system currently has grading methods defined as a global setting.  I hope this is clear and helpful.

Jaye