Where to set a storage area for your defult setting permanently. Version11.0.0.273

When I set my storage area in 'Digitising Processing Options' everything i Digitise goes into this area. When I shut down and restart the next day it defaults to C:/Data90 area. Where can I change the defaul permantlt so I dont have to set it everyday?

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Beverly:

You can set a default storage area in PDS.  You would select the Edit tab|Workspace|Customize|Preferences.  From the Preferences window, you would go to Path and then select your default storage area.  Be sure to apply and save before you select ok and exit out of the function.

In Accumark Explorer, you can go to File|Options||Default Parameter Tables.  You can set a storage area which will house the "default" Parameter Tables, but it will not be a default storage area that is always available when you restart in the morning.  Does this make sense?

I hope this helps.

Jaye.
  • Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    The settings are something that gets written to the registry, you may not have the proper permissions.  Do you have a problem saving your PDS settings?  
    It may also help to reload software.  These options are "sticky" and should stay through a shutdown of the computer.  Are you working on a shared computer?  Ask your IT department if you have local admin rights and permission to write to the registry.  Try reloading software. 
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    edited January 11
    Beverley,

The Processing Option changes must be able to be saved. You also need to have access to the storage area noted at all times, otherwise it will default to C:Data90 by design. Was the Storage Area in Processing Options a network storage area? 

After a reboot, check AM-Explorer to see if all your storage area drives are displayed. If not, run View Refresh Storage area. Once synced up, you should see all your storage areas. Then, go to Digitize Processing Options and see if your intended storage area name is being used.
  • Thank you ladies, I think I know what's happened. My area where I want Digitised data to be saved is on a Network Drive. That morning I must have connected to Accumark just prior to it doing its morning scan and therefore did not see the Area I have set up as my Default.

I've seen this happen a few times but now I wait a few moments and witness the scanning process everything works just fine.

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Excellent! Sometimes the network storage areas do not sync up immediately. You can always run it without a reboot in AM-Explorer - View Refresh Storage Areas.