Level up with a new series of AccuMark upgrade classes in GerberU! Our special series starts in December. Register now! http://bit.ly/AccuMarkLevelUp

MTM patterns

Hi, we use Accumark and MTM, is there any way of getting the MTM pattern into PDS (accumark), so the we can look at it with printing it each time we need to look at it. 

Regards 
Tagged:

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    MTM will create  a size code table with a random number.  If you can find what size code table was used to create the style And you know what alteration table was used you can create the altered size in Pattern Design using the Create\Piece\Altered size and display the pieces in the PDS work area.  To the best of my knowledge, this is the only way because MTM creates the parts in a marker.  Another way would be to generate a dxf file of the marker by sending it to the plotter as a DOS file.  This DXF file can be opened in Pattern Design and viewed.

• Lisa- do you mind giving us a step-by-step of creating and opening that DOS file?  This could potentially solve a problem we have been having...

Thanks,
    J
    Hello J,

Please see attached, how to turn a marker into a dxf file and open that in pattern design.
  • Thanks Lisa!  Unfortunately it's not behaving as I would have hoped.  Here is our issue- after we create an order for an MTM garment I want the ability to check the marker to see that the correct model, options and pieces are present, which is easy to do in marker making, but I also want to be able to check measurements of the pieces and make sure the pieces haven't become too distorted.  We use very expensive cloth and so far the only way to do this verification is to plot the markers out, which we would rather avoid.  I suspect the OP is in the same position.  In Investronica I can open the altered pieces directly from the marker and even make corrections to them.  I would settle for being able to measure them but the measure tool in the marker making environment leaves much to be desired, and when I follow your instructions to create and open a dxf file, the measurements are all off (a 30" long piece measures 1" and change, for example). 

Thoughts?

Best,
    J
    edited December 10
    Hello @jefferyd
    Sounds like the units are off.  When you open the parts in pattern design and choose standard dxf there is an options button.  Check the units it's most likely converted in the wrong units of measure.  If you are not sure sometimes it's a guessing game and you have to convert it  a couple times before you get it right.