Level up with a new series of AccuMark upgrade classes in GerberU! Our special series starts in December. Register now! http://bit.ly/AccuMarkLevelUp

Cloud AccuMark access question

I was recently at our factory in the Dominican Republic.  While I was there, the main Internet wifi, cell, cable provider, CLARO, went offline to fix or upgrade their systems.  There was no Internet service in our trade zone for the entire day.  Phones were down as well.  The city phones came up first, the city Internet access.  By 1pm our trade zone had phone service, but Internet/wifi access was down until almost 5pm.

I have been debating a cloud based AccuMark licence, but this situation has made me rethink.  What happens when there is no Internet for the AccuMark to verify my subscription?  The same question applies if I am flying & the plane does not have Internet access.

Has this been addressed for AccuMark cloud based licences?  Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello Joanne,  I have asked Product development to answer your question, and to provide more information for you.
    Thank you for using Gerber Community.

• Amy MasseAmy Masse Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Joanne, 
    Internet connectivity is definitely an issue if thinking of using AMCloud.  Right now we are only selling AMCloud as a pilot to US based companies.  US companies  all access the AWS servers that are in Virginia.  We are currently working to find the best way to "host" the program that is dependable and has servers that are not too far away to provide good service in other parts of the world.  We will not be selling AMCloud internationally until these issues are completely worked out.
    There may always be certain areas of the world that simply will not have dependable enough internet connectivity to use AMCloud.
    If you were thinking about AMCloud for yourself, it may not be the best choice for you if you are traveling to companies in places that do not have regular, dependable internet service.
    Please let me know if you have any other AMCloud questions.
    Thanks,
    Amy
  • Thank you @Amy Masse  I've delt with spotty wifi before, but not having it ALL day really made me realize how much I depend on it!