Level up with a new series of AccuMark upgrade classes in GerberU! Our special series starts in December. Register now! http://bit.ly/AccuMarkLevelUp

Model Editor

Hi!

1. Is it possible to save multiple versions of one style within one model?

(for example, one model with 3 different shrinkages applied to it OR one style but 2 different patterns for different fabrications)

2. When I try to leave a note in the "comments" field in the model editor, the actual field to leave a note is much shorter than it appears to be on the screen so the note has to be very short (about only 10 short words on each line). How can I adjust this?  

Comments

• Jaye BrownJaye Brown Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi tidivi23:

1.) I may be wrong on this one, but you can not apply multiple versions of one style within one model...at least not in the way you have explained it.  You can use now use the "save as component" option to save multiple versions of one style with different shrinkages  or different fabrications within the patterns. :)...yay!

2.)  You can not adjust the number of characters allowed in the "comments" field.  If you have a lot of information you want to share in the model editor, then I would suggest turning your documents into a jpeg and see if they can be read as a sketch attachment if you are not already using the sketch function in model editor.  I don't know if this is a perfect solution or not...if not, then great opportunity to put your Twitter skills to use in the comments field :) !

I hope this is helpful.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello Tidivi,
    Yes you can, you can use model options.  In the model editor look at the tabs at the bottom, click on opt1.  Name the option by double-clicking on opt1.  Then add, subtract to swap out pieces from the main model page.  You can apply shrinkage, different fabric codes etc.  When you go to order a marker there is a field in Order Editor to add the options.  Model options can be quite powerful and assist in reducing the number of models that you have.