Level up with a new series of AccuMark upgrade classes in GerberU! Our special series starts in December. Register now! http://bit.ly/AccuMarkLevelUp

Can GEN be imported in any way to Accumark?

If someone sends me patterns in GEN format, is there any way to import them into Accumark Explorer or PDS? I can plot without any problem, of course. Is my only option to plot them then digitize them in to the system?

Best Answers

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    The .gen files are plot files. You can import these files into your storage area as stored plot files and they can be plotted from the storage area in addition to Winplot. The data cannot be converted into piece data.

• IvoIvo
    edited November 16 Accepted Answer
    Convert the gen file to a standard HPGL plot file. Then you can import it into PDS and extract the pieces from there. Its easier and more accurate than digitizing.

First import the gen file into a storage area with Accumark explorer.
    Then check in marker plot options that you have file type set to HPGL and file extension to plt.
    Then right click the imported plot file and Send to plotter, select "dos file" as plot destination.Now import the created plt file into PDS. Everything in that file will appear as one piece, so use the extract function to get the actual pieces.(or trace)
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    It's actually interpreted as a marker plot so you need to set your Marker Plot Options to HPGL. See image below:

Answers