Digitizer randomly started acting up...

When we start digitizing, everything seems to be working fine and out of no where, the digitizer will close the piece, jump to a different line, or other random things. We upgraded to v11 not long ago but the digitizer was working fine. We did have a computer network issue and our servers were pointed to a replacement server but I checked all file settings and nothing seems to be pointing to a wrong address. After this is when we started experiencing the issue, I just don't see how it relates. I also checked the options from the Browser menu and couldn't find anything pointed at the wrong server.

Any idea on what could be causing the digitizer to act up like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Have you powered down the table and powered it back up?
    See attached and follow the instructions highlighted in yellow.  This should help.  
    If not, it could be the cursor going bad, do you have a spare cursor to swap?
  • Lisa, Unfortunately we don't have a spare cursor to swap out. I followed the instructions and I did receive the beeps while hovering over "Application 2" but upon digitizing the input points are still randomly jumping.

Is there a way to test/confirm it's going bad?
    Yes, There is a program called Hercules you can download from the internet.  https://www.hw-group.com/software/hercules-setup-utility
    Make sure in AccuMark Utilities you set the com port to None under the digitizer tab.  Run Hercules, on the serial tab, make sure you put in the same port as was configured for the digitizer (ex. com4)  Press the open button and start pressing the A button randomly on the table.  If communications are good you will see the coordinates of the cursor.  This test lets you know that the table is communicating, but it doesn't really tell you if the cursor is going bad.    Really the only way to test the cursor is to swap it out with a new one.  Is the connector (the end of the cursor where it plugs into the back of the table) rectangular or round?  Gerber can replace the round ones, but the rectangular ones have been discontinued and we no longer have them.  If it is a round one I can find the part number for you.  You can then call 800.321.2448 and order a new one.
  • I used Hercules and the wand seems to be functioning... but as you mentioned it's hard to tell if it's functioning properly. I will say I did not see coordinates jumping around like I do when digitizing.

Yes, we have the round connector. If you could provide me the part number (I tried looking) I would appreciate it. Thank you Lisa!

399500441, i belive is the part number.  Call 800.321.2448 and they can assist.