Plotter status: Error

I have a Graphtec GX3000 connected to a gerber system but the plot queue says plotter status error. What do I need to do to get the plotter online?
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you.

Answers

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    edited October 2018
    If this is connected to an AccuMark, the plot queue will indicate "Error" in the status when there is no communication between the plotter and the PC. Check the cable connected between the two and make sure it is tightly secured. Turn plotter off/on and reboot the system. 

Serial to usb converter cables can also interfere. Be sure you are using a compatible device. Gerber sells a specific converter that has been tested with our plotters. Generic cables may not work or the usb port may be "sleeping". Please check your power plan and ensure the usb ports are all active.
    @sallyjoh ;
    Is this connected to an AccuMark? Please clarify.  
  • @Kathy Valade Thank you.
    Yes, it is connected to an Accumark.
    Could you tell me where I can get the specific converter if checking the cable and usb ports does not help?

Thanks.
    Hi Sally,
    You can order the converter from the Customer Solutions Center 1-800-321-2448
    However, this does not appear to be a Graphtec model we support with AccuMark.
    Plotters that are not listed in Hardware Configuration are configured as a Windows Device Driver according to instructions in the AccuMark Configuration Notes.

Has it worked before? How do you have it configured and can you please send a pic of the plotter showing the model name?
  • Hi Kathy,
    Yes, it worked on a different computer.
    It is now showing as online, it must have been a loose connection.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    You're welcome! Glad you were able to resolve with the advice given.