Need Digitizer Help, Please!

Hi All,

After digitizing pattern pieces, the piece is saved in the storage area as a "Stored Digitized Data" file and cannot be opened.

I opened Edit Digitize and the status line read different things for each time I digitized:

Line=2: E10 Invalid character: PUCK _A in piece name.

Line=3: E040 Missing piece category, description or delimiter.  

What does this mean and how can I fix it ?  

Also, many of the button types listed were not even pressed when digitizing so I don't know how they got there.

Please help!  

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    If many of the button types listed were not pressed, your cursor may need to be replaced or your digitizing input menu on the table is misaligned. Please check and follow up with your local service office to try another cursor if the menu has not changed.
  • @ Kathy Valade,

I don't think the menu is misaligned because the amount of button types listed are way more than the buttons that were even pressed while digitizing. For example, if I digitize a basic square and only click on the stylus 10 times.....there will be 40 button types listed.

Also, the menu us stuck to the digitizer with strong adhesive so I doesn't seem like it can physically move around on the surface.

Is there any other ways that I can trouble shoot this?

Thank you!!  

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    If you are getting 40 button pushes for 10 clicks when digitizing, the cursor is most likely bad. Please try a new cursor.
  • Hi @ Kathy Valade,

We unknowingly had 2 computers plugged into the digitizer at once - after unplugging one of them, everything seems to be working OK again.

If the problem arises again, we will definitely look into replacing our cursor!

Thanks again for your help :-)