Level up with a new series of AccuMark upgrade classes in GerberU! Our special series starts in December. Register now! http://bit.ly/AccuMarkLevelUp

What Rule Table to assign when not doing grading in house??

My company no longer wants to do grading in house. We want to have our overseas factories do all future grading with the base patterns we make in house (V.11). My question is what Rule Table should I assign to the patterns I'm sending to our overseas factories? It is better to assign a RULIB table? Or should I assign a table called the size range (i.e XS-XL) but not have any grade rules in the table? 

Thank you!!

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello LSSmith,  That depends, how are you sending the data?  If you are sending an AccuMark file you don't have to send a table at all, or just send the table assigned to the parts. If you are sending a dxf file there is an option to just export the graded nest and again you don't have to send a grade rule table.  
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    I suggest that you assign a rule table to establish a size line. You don't have to use it for grading. That way, when you export the style, it will use the sizeline in the pieces. If you export without a rule table name associated with the piece, an ASTM conversion will assign RULIB and you will end up with a size line of "1". Also, as Lisa mentioned, exporting as a graded nest means that the exported dxf file will not need to have an associated .rul file paired with it. The sizeline and grading are contained in the dxf file.
  • Thank you for your quick response! We are exporting the files as DXF ASTM. The factory uses Lectra to grade the patterns. 

Noted that you suggest exporting as a graded nest, that seems like it will be the best option for us. 

My other question is that if an ASTM conversion assigns RULIB when the pattern is exported, will it prevent the factory from being able to change the size line from "1" to say a 5 size line? 
    If you export and you have any modified rules on the patterns (* or #) it will automatically assign RULIB. If you export without the intended rule table/size line, the other system should be able to change it on their end if they have the equivalent to "Assign Rule Table" in AccuMark PDS. You will need to ask your factory if they can do this. Does this help?
  • OK, yes this helps a lot. Thank you Kathy!
    You're very welcome! Are you attending ideation? There's still time! 

I will be teaching a half day class on data conversions on Wednesday 10/3. It's a great opportunity to learn more about data formats and interface with other patternmakers and industry leaders about AccuMark and fashion technology.  Please note the link below for an additional $100.00 discount. 

https://ideation2018.eventbrite.com?discount=id18NSLS-kv 

We'd love to have you join us in Miami!