Gerber fx making noise

My Gerber FX makes a "screaming" noise just after a foil is loaded. I have a tune-up kit, but couldn't find directions on lubricataion.

Also, a lot of my foil cartridges are beginning to fail to load. I noticed that the near-side fwd corner of the guiderails are getting chewed up. (see photos). Any similar experiences or ideas?

Comments

• Paul BementPaul Bement Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Dancing Tom,
    Good to hear from you.  We have instructions for applying the lubrication on our web site:  https://gspinc.com/downloads/PDF/fastfacts/4290.pdf
    I thought it was including in the Tune-Up Kit.  I'll make sure to suggest it.

Regarding the foil cartridges, how old the caddies that are failing to load?  

Paul
  • Thanks for the info regarding the lube. Hopefully the squeaking noise goes away! BTW; I didn't actually buy the whole kit 'cause we didn't need the gas lifts.

We bought 12 brand new caddies about a year ago.  I know that the oldest ones were giving me trouble, so I swapped those to my least used colors.

• Paul BementPaul Bement Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Dancing Tom,
    Let me know if the noise goes away.  If not, there might be something more going on....
    Which brings me to your second issue.  Your issue might not be the caddies.  I'd recommend you speak with Gerber Service on this one.
    Paul