Plotter Gone Crazy

Hi All,

My plotter is cutting out all of the pieces and all annotations instead of plotting them with the pen, PLEASE HELP!

1. I don't think anything regarding "cut" was selected in the plotting preferences or user input. I have already selected the Pen as the Perim Tool but the plotter is still cutting out all of the pieces instead of plotting with the pen tool and I need to plot these pieces without any cutting!!  

2. Although I don't want the plotter to cut right now, the pieces don't even get a chance to fully plot as cut pieces because the plotter jams up soon after is begins cutting. I think this may be a separate issue with the "cut parameter" settings.

Thanks in Advance!!

Comments

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    This usually happens when the pen is not seated in the correct position and the plotter is not detecting the pen.  Take the pen out and put it in the lower notched position.
  • Hi @Lisa Lowell

It looks like you saved the day again!

Everything seems to be plotting smoothly with the pen now, thank you!

As far as the cut settings:

1. What preferences should I change in order to have the pattern pieces cut out around the outside cut line only?

2. What should the cut line length, tab line length, cut force and tab force be set at for the best results?

Thanks again Lisa!

Hello Tidivi23 :)   I prefer to use the defaults which are:
    cutline length =1.0 
    tab line length.030 
    cut force I have set to 12. 
    If the knife is not cutting all the way through you can increase the knife force here.  but only a small amount at a time.  Tab force is set to zero.  The cut line length is the amount of the line it will cut before leaving the tab, and the cut force is how hard the knife is pushing into the paper.  You need the tabs to hold the parts onto the paper if it cut a solid line the plotter would have nothing to hold onto as the paper moves back and forth over the plotter.
    Hope this helps :)
  • Hi Lisa Lowell!

Happy Monday :-)

Thank you! I updated the settings and everything seems to be cutting properly.

• Lisa Lowell it looks like you saved the day again, thank you!!

I recently changed the pen so I may have replaced it incorrectly.

Thanks again :-)

• Lisa Lowell it looks like you saved the day again, thank you!!

I recently changed the pen so I may have replaced it incorrectly.

Thanks again :-)

You're Very Welcome!