Meet Mary: The Patternmaker Who Perfected Production! http://bit.ly/MaryTheHero

AccuMark Network storage areas

CassCass Channel Partner Member Channel Partner Member
edited July 2018 in AccuMark
Hi,

we have an educational license at a university, they have very strict permissions in place o their network as well as a firewall, they are also using Symantec Anti-virus Software. we have shared the userroot folder on the server pc and our client PCs can access this folder within their file explorer BUT Accumark does not pick up the drive and storage areas. Could this be the antivirus blocking the software from seeing the shared folder?
Tagged:

Comments

• Terry PadgettTerry Padgett Gerber Staff 💛
    Share the folder one level above Userroot and map your drive to that folder. AccuMark needs to see the Userroot folder to find the storage areas.
    Example:
    X:\Userroot\storage
  • CassCass Channel Partner Member Channel Partner Member
    Hi Terry,

we've mapped the folder perfectly (Net use: V://fashion-gerber/userroot/) I can access the folder from within the file explorer, but Accumark cannot see it, I've refreshed all - nothing, we've checked the batch file is working perfectly - it is, I've copied DATA90 from my C drive to my server > userroot > storage and i can access these folders and data files but Accumark still does not display the mapped V drive. 
    edited July 2018
    When you click on the V: drive you should see the Userroot folder not what is inside.
    In your example, it looks like you are mapped to Userroot.
    Also, make sure you have Read, Write, and Modifiy to the share where Userroot is located.

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    Hi @Cass.
    You've map as Net use: V://fashion-gerber/
    And have full access rights
    Vasyl said:
    Hi @Cass.
    You've map as Net use: V://fashion-gerber/
    And have full access rights
    actually, in your example, you left out the shared folder name.
    Net use V: \\Servername\Shared folder name.  Userroot should be in the Shared folder.
    and Full access will give the user permission to change permission on the server share and also take ownership of the shared folder.
    Read, Write, and Modify is sufficient for AccuMark users.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    If the userroot is shared then they have to create one more userroot inside and move all (except internal userroot) into new one userroot 
    :)))
  • CassCass Channel Partner Member Channel Partner Member
    @Vasyl Thank you! this worked well because they were not able to share their entire C drive because of security reasons.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    @Cass, welcome.
    Much intelligent method is next.
    Create folder as Gerberdara.... Or else. And share it. Next move userroot inside last one.
    But is important is there accumaAc or other gerbersG software on main pc?!