DIGITIZER

My digitizer stopped working all of a sudden, I tried checking the port cable and it's connected. Now when I try to digitize it won't make any noise and it's not responding. I did the test on the digitizer to see if maybe the mouse wasn't working but it's working perfectly fine it's just not sending the information to the program. Any one knows what the problem could be?

Tagged:

Comments

• Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello @Kaygarzon
    I recently saw this issue on a newer digitizer, and it almost didn't occur top me to try this: have you turned the digitizer off and then on again? 

In my recent experience, I didn't even have to reset the cursor. Let me know if that helps.
  • @barryfuhrman Yes I turned the digitizer on and off but it's not communicating with the computer.
    I've had this issue before and i reinstall the software and it worked but then the same thing happen and now It's not responding. So I'm not sure what the issue could be? 
  • Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Is the Wdigit icon appearing in the system tray of your connected computer station? Make sure the port is set up correctly and that the computer is "seeing" the digitizer. Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow: 

1) Turn off the digitizer.

2) Turn off the host PC.

3) Remove all metal objects, etc, from digitizer table top.

4) Turn on the digitizer.

5) To configure as digitizer:

5.1) Place the 16 button cursor over the Application 2 box on the lower right side of the table top.  You should hear a series of quick chirps, if not most likely your 16 button cursor is broken.  Press and hold the 2 button on the 16 button cursor until you hear a long tone followed by a short beep.  This should take 5 to 7 seconds.

5.2) Alternatively, if you have a stylus pen, you may depress and hold the tip over the Application 2 box until you hear a long tone followed by a short beep.  This should take 5 to 7 seconds.

6) Turn on the PC.

7) Test digitizer by placing 16 button cursor over the Start Piece box on the lower left side of the digitizer and press the "A" button.  You will hear a beep if communications have been restored between PC and digitizer.