Saving Patterns/Storage Folders

Hello,

When I try to save pieces that I create in pattern design to a particular storage folder (specified in preferences/paths) it will automatically save to a different folder instead.

The same thing happens if I import a pattern file into AccuMark or open it directly into pattern design from a folder on my computer and then try to save it.

I then have to go into the wrong folder and drag the pieces into the folder I actually wanted to save them in. This gets very confusing sometimes and pieces can easily get saved incorrectly.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Tara

Comments

• Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi @tidivi23 -- 
    Do you have your preferences set to store data to the Default or Retrieved Area (found in Preferences > General)? This setting should be Default if you want to save data back to the default storage area specified in Preferences > Paths. 

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    The recommended settings on the general tab for "Data Stored To" is retrieved area.  That way the data is stored back to the storage area it came from.  If you leave it on Default then you also need to change the default storage area on the path tab.  Generally most users are in and out of many different storage areas.  By choosing retrieve area you can be sure the data will be saved back to where it came from.
  • Thanks @Lisa Lowell !!

I see that you also have "Classic AM PDS" selected for the Value Mode. Is that something I should also have selected?

• Barry FuhrmanBarry Fuhrman Gerber Staff 💛
    @tidivi23 How you set "Value Mode" really is a matter of preference. This setting controls the behavior of Cursor/Value mode when making modifications in PDS.

• Default – the Cursor/Value mode will stay in whatever mode the user selects.
    • Classic AM PDS – if in Value mode, the system will return to Cursor
    immediately after a function is performed.
    • Reset to Cursor – if in Value mode, the system will return to Cursor mode
    after the current function is exited.

For example, where Lisa has hers set to Classic AM PDS, my system is typically set to Default.