Create batch of labels

Hi everyone !
I'm currently thinking about a new way to operate and design markings for aicraft.
This is the idea : 

I have a lot of labels to print, and all of them has to be translated.
I was thinking of doing some king of Excel Sheet, with all the labels and their translation, then create a Macro that produce the labels designed as wished on another sheet. Then, export this in PDF and open it with Omega.

But so far, the omega PDF recognition software doesnt seems to be that accurate, and I wanted to know if you had another idea, or a function inside Omega that produce batch.

Thanks for everything,
Antoine

Comments

• Paul BementPaul Bement Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi Antoine, I've been giving your question some thought.
    I'll work on getting some ideas back to you in the morning.
  • Hey Solusman,
    Thanks for your answer
    I'm glad you're giving some thought about it haha 
    Let me know if you need anything more to have a more accurate view of the process.
    Thanks again,
    Antoine
    Hi again AntoineW,
    I received a response from one of my technicians.  Their comment was: "the way you are doing it is the best due to the translations."

But I also wanted to offer some internal files I found related to translation (Chinese was the specific one we were discussing at the time).  It sounds like you are already doing this, but I wanted to post it to be sure:
    First, translate (Google translate or Bing translate) but double checked using a bi-lingual human being." Then:
    "The (Chinese) text can be pasted into Word and turned into a PDF file or They can enable double byte text entry by following the instructions on the OMEGA 5.0 DVD in the documentation folder.  Once this is done, they can either use Truetype text via small text (recommended due to punctuation and other characters that may not be in the Gerber font), or they can load the (Chinese) Gerber fonts from the 5.0 DVD and use Gerber Text."
    Is your software 5.0 or higher?  And have you tried both approaches?

Solusman

• Hey,
    Thanks for your answer
    The problem with the PDF import is that sometimes it's not really accurate .. and I would like it to be better

TrueType works, but instead of creating a single whole text, it separates every letters .. I dont know why, and this is really annoying 

Can you explain a little bit more about the 'import font" part ? For the chinese case I mean

By the way, I'm currently using Omega 5.0 but next week we'll have the new 6.5 version. i hope it will provides a lot of new things for my case.

Another question I have : using the PDF importation method, can I automatically create a border around the text for the cutting job ? I dont want it to be rounded around the letters, but like a box. It would be so much easier for me, just to import the PDF, then automatically create some boxes, and then print and cut everything.

Thanks a lot
    Antoine
    Hi Antoine,
    Sorry for the delay.

I've been asked to get "several PDF files to illustrate your issues"
    We're making this a team effort.
    Please send to:
    [email protected]

Thanks,
    Solusman
    Hi Antoine,

I'm posting your questions and our response from our email exchange last week.
    We're posting them for the benefit of anyone following this thread:

·  The problem with the PDF import is that sometimes it's not really accurate .. and I would like it to be better.

In the import dialog box, use "Convert text to curves."  When importing as text, it is not as true to the original if the font is not present.

·  TrueType works, but instead of creating a single whole text, it separates every letters .. I dont know why, and this is really annoying 

See above.  Convert text to curves.

·  Can you explain a little bit more about the 'import font" part ? For the chinese case I mean.

If you do not need to edit text, convert text to curves.

·  By the way, I'm currently using Omega 5.0 but next week we'll have the new 6.5 version. i hope it will provides a lot of new things for my case.

Thank you!  Please see "What's New in OMEGA 6.0" and "What's New in OMEGA 6.5."

·  Another question I have : using the PDF importation method, can I automatically create a border around the text for the cutting job ? I dont want it to be rounded around the letters, but like a box. It would be so much easier for me, just to import the PDF, then automatically create some boxes, and then print and cut everything. 

Once you import, select the sign, go to Tools>Surround/Extract Image Paths>Choose Surround.  Enter a border distance. You may need to choose "Surround by Groups."