How to set buffer for Marker Border?

I want to do that I set buffer value to Marker Border. For exam, Top, button borders is set 2 mm and front border is set 4 mm space.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    The buffer for the pieces is defined in the Block.buffer table.  You can set a top, bottom, left and right amount.  This can be applied statically (automatically) or dynamically (manually) in Easy Marking.  Create the table through AccuMark explorer and make sure this table is also applied in your laylimit table.  If you create a static rule the buffer will be applied to all the pieces once the marker has been processed.  If you create a dynamic rule you will need to use the block/buffer function in the toolbox to buffer only the pieces you would like.

Answers

• Cindy PhanCindy Phan Gerber Staff 💛
    @bickin could you post a screenshot of what you are attempting to accomplish?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @bickin , do you apply buffer to pieces? If yes, then next question - what?
  • hello,

I am having an over cutting issue.

the Block.Buffer table is set to Static and .060 for top, bottom, left and right and the Lay Rule is pointing to this table.

when laying the marking in Easy Marking I see an overlap when zoomed "way" in.

after generating the Cut Data (with no fail) and adding it to Cut Works the pieces are not placed, zooming in there I see large overlap on all pieces.

Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks

• is the block buffer rule in your LayLimit table?  is the overlap between pieces?  or on the marker border?
  • @bickin Make Sure you've selected the Block Buffer num in your block buffer rule Section of lay limit as follows:

Select both the parameter in the order processing form as well:

• @Mrogula You can also use segment buffer. For this you have to define the Segment on each piece as following:
    1. Select "Edit point info" of the Pattern (By right clicking on the Pattern) and select the point from which you'll start the segment on a pattern. Then Select the 3 Dot button (...). After that Select the Start of Segment and press OK.

2. Select the end point of segment and again press 3 dot (...) Button. after that select End of segment option and press OK and again OK.

Important: Segment buffer applies on Clock wise direction only so make sure you select the segment in clock wise direction.
    3. Now save the piece(s) and edit your Block Buffer and enter the value of buffer in segment portion.

After that save the buffer and reprocess the marker. You'll be able to see the buffer applied on Segment areas.

P.S. buffer will apply on both sides of a fold piece...
  • I think your answer about Mrogula's question. 

Vasly No, I would like to set buffer on only Marker Border. not between two pieces. I will prepare a screenshut to understand clearly.
  • If you are using AccuNest then you can select the following option from Queue to Buffer the Marker Border...

• Yes, this is made a buffer on Marker Border. But I don't define buffer size without pieces. 
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    @bickin, i afraid you cann't...
    But you may:
    1. set marker width less.

Or, ir you use making marker manual, then:
    2. Add bufer in marker procces for pieces individually. I mean. If you place piece to top then add bufer to this piece at top side.
    3. use LINE tool. One line 2mm from bottom, 2nd - from top, 3rd - from left sode of marker