.pds or .mrk files

DampkringDampkring Posts: 9

I have graded patterns in .pds and .mrk file formats, but I am unclear what system this is from or how I can convert these into Gerber. Can anyone help or advise? I'm guessing I have to get them into .dxf format to be able to import to Gerber but the person who did the files is not available anymore so I need to find a source to convert them to .dxf so I can import into Gerber. Unless, of course, if there is a way to do this in Gerber... Any info or advise?

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 449 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited April 2018

We do not import .pds and .mrk files. The files need to be exported to ASTM or Standard DXF from it's native CAD system first. Then the dxf files can be imported into AccuMark. The alternative would be to request the files be generated as DXF or HPGL files for plotting.

• DampkringDampkring Posts: 9

Thanks for the reply. I guess to clarify what I am asking is for any advise on what the native CAD system could be? It looks like I will have to find a pattern maker with a system that can read these file types in order to convert them to DXF so it can be imported on a Gerber system.

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 449 Gerber Staff 💛

There could be more than one apparel-CAD system that uses the .pds extension.
    You could open the file in notepad and look for an author. That may inform you which system it came from.

• standjungstandjung Posts: 18
    Hi Dampkring! .pds was the pattern format and .mrk was the marker format. Both of them are the original format of OptiTex CAD. Gerber cannot read these data format. All you have to do is convert them to DXF (ASTM) and then you can use them with AccuMark.