Is Your Digitizer Not Beeping?

Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛

Have you either moved equipment or updated software to find that your digitizer no longer beeps?

If so, turn off the AccuMark PC, unplug the digitizer, plug it back in and press "Application 2" with the #2 button on the 16button cursor until you hear a series of beeps.

After logging back into the AccuMark PC, check Hardware Configuration and ensure that you do not have duplicate comm port settings. Then go to c:\userroot\devq\digitzer and delete the contents in this folder.

Run Hardware Configuration again and the c:\userroot\devq\digitzer folder will update with a new file named DigitizeProcessingOptions.config . This will reset to the default Digitizer Processing Options. Update the Digitizer Processing Options with a valid storage area name, rule table name, and piece naming information.

Begin inputting a piece with "Start Piece".

Tagged:

Comments

• Ca n you tell me what press "application 2" means? Is there something labeled that or am I just pressing the #2 button?

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛
    edited April 2018

There are two boxes on the digitizer table in the lower right corner labeled as Application "1" and "2". If you don't see them, it may be an older digitizer before we supported switchboxes and the ability to switch between Silhouette and Digitizer modes. If you do not have the "1" and "2" boxes on the table, ignore this step.

• auntbanaauntbana
    edited April 2018

@Kathy_Valade Thank you I don't have those boxes. Can you explain how to run the hardware config. Just want to check and make sure I did it right. We still have no beeps.

First, you must be logged in as a local administrator in order to change Hardware Configuration. Open it and select the Digitizer tab. Select an open communications port from the drop down.

If you receive errors, it may already be used by another device on the other tabs. Check them all!

• Thank you, that is what I did and we are still not working. Working with our IT guy and will be calling if we can't get it resolved on Monday.

edited April 2018

Did you also delete the contents in C:\userroot\devq\digitzer
    Delete content and run Hardware Configuration one more time - just select "Apply" and "OK" on the Digitizer tab. Then, right click over the digitizer icon in the system tray, select Open and try digitizing again.

I would suggest that you call your local CAD Support center so you can be assisted. We have diagnostics that can be run over the phone to determine the root cause of the problem. If it is an older digitizer, sometimes the control board or cursor speaker stop working.

• VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    Hi, all.

Today l'd update AM8.2 to 10.4 and move stuff to new PC (Win10Pro x64). And Silhouette AS110F.A stop beeping but still inputting pieces.
    All procedures posted here was. unsuccessful
    Then I'd plug Silhouette direct (without swithbox), Change commport (internal, extra (WinChip pci-express)), reinitialize digitizer.... No helpful.

Then I'd use my own usb-serial Prolific Pl2303. And digitizer start beeping againe!!!!
    @Vasyl - is this usb-serial Prolific from Gerber - part number P83294A​?
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade - unfortunately I haven't access to gerberGe estore/eWarehouse.
    Would somebody post here pic/specifications of P83294A?! 

one more experience. Move Silhouette to another pc that looks like 1st one (same windows, extra pci-express WinChip commport) and this stuff start beeping. But there was AM 10.3
    edited September 2018
    The wires in our serial-usb converter are pinned specifically to work with our proprietary digitizer and RS232 cables. Sometimes the generic ones are not pinned the same and will cause communication issues.  Sometimes wdigit does not sync up when the Processing Options are reset and happen to be on a very old read-only storage area like DATA70. Make sure the you clean out c:\userroot\devq\digitizer - delete the processing options, start again. 
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭

Here is mine.
    All convertors I met last times with Xld was FTDI, as I remember. But digitizers are beeping.
    In this case we have old type stuff - true ger... Numonics. That isn't compatible with .... AM version, as I see. 
    We are using the serial to usb converter on new and old equipment successfully but each case is different. Sometimes it is software and other times hardware.
  • VasylVasyl ✭✭✭
    @Kathy Valade , yes - i'd clean digitize folder.
    1st time: with running wdigit.exe (not found there "close wdigit before clean" in instruction)
    2nd time: i close wdigit, clean, and relaunch wdigit.exe
    3rd - i close wdigit, clean, and open device config ress OK on digitizer tab.
    @Vasyl the serial to usb converter is especially good to use on newer Win10 PC's that have PCI Express slots because it is faster and we know that our converter is working well.