Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Network Users Can't Find License

MiraryaMirarya Posts: 11
We have a network key and sporadically users lose the ability to connect to the license.  One day they can, the next they can't.  They are getting the "Could not find network license" error message when trying to log on using the Network License option.  Because it's not consistent, I'm at a loss for what the issue is.  Could the quality of the user's network connection be to blame?  Does anyone have any ideas?  

Comments

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    Try turn off firewall 
  • ScottMCCScottMCC Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Or whitelist Gerber and folders associated with it [or have IT do if your not the admin].
  • MiraryaMirarya Posts: 11
    I am not the admin and would have to talk to my IT department.  I believe they have already opened things up to let Gerber communicate through our firewall (which they were not happy about by the way) and set the connection up so it should never fall asleep.  Also, I'm not sure why our security systems would sometimes let them through and sometimes not. The conditions between it working and not working are basically identical from what we can tell other than possibly the network traffic at the time.  For example, a co-worker and I were the only people who couldn't connect all day.  We tried again at 4:30 after everyone had left for the day and suddenly it worked.  
  • ScottMCCScottMCC Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited January 23
    There are temp [temporary file working locations] file locations Gerber uses that also can cause issues if intercepted by the firewall - it took awhile for our IT to narrow down all of them.  Basically if Gerber access it - it will need to be whitelisted.