How to Successfully Configure and Share Plotters

Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛
edited March 2018 in AccuMark

Follow the attached procedure to configure plotter queues on a network so AccuMark users can plot to multiple plotters.

Tagged:

Comments

  • Lisa LowellLisa Lowell Posts: 569 Gerber Staff 💛

    Thanks Kathy! This is very helpful!

  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛

    You're welcome!

  • Lesley Stronge Lesley Stronge Posts: 11 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited February 2018

    Thank you Kathy , very helpful

  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛

    You're welcome, Lesley! Let me know if there are other "how to's" you'd like to see.

  • kumudkumud Posts: 18 Channel Partner Member

    Thankyou kathy, it very use full and we have connected all the system successfully.

  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛

    You're very welcome, Kumud!

  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited May 2019
    Interested in a live online class and discussion on network plot queues?
    Sign up and enroll for the May 15th class on GerberU.com!

    https://gm1.geolearning.com/geonext/gerberscientific/scheduledclassdetails4enroll.geo?&id=22510616001  



  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    Hi Kathy,

    I have a network Graphtec Plotter. The plotter is connected another PC (it does not use Gerber). How can to connect the plotter and plot directly from my PC?
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 524 Gerber Staff 💛
    You can connect hpgl and dxf files to a Graphtec plotter that is not connected to AccuMark. It either receives the file using Winplot or your CAD system's native interface.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    @pxtho, Is there any other CAD running on PC plotter connected?
    Is it graphtec driver installed there?
  • how can I connect a non-Gerber plotter to my Gerber system?
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Find confignotes.pdf. There are few samples
  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    Hello Vasyl,

    The PC what connected to plotter is running Diamino.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited April 8
    @pxtho, there is best way is to generate plotfiles on PC with accumark and to plot last ones with Diamino.

    PS: What plotter is there? Is it uses  own pilot/driver software or plot direct from Diamino?
  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    @Vasyl Plotter is CE6000 series. They plot via Graphtec software. I already setted up for a PC can direct plot (using Optitex) but with Gerber I don't know how.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    @pxtho.
    Last time i configure graphtec via windriver. But a Accumark was present on same PC and no else cad.
    In your case i suppose to generate plot files and to plot via graphtec software. Is it case with optitex?
    What kind of assistance you need: how generate plot files on accumark,  how transfer last ones via network to destination pc with graphtec, or ...?
  • bickinbickin Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    @pxtho i think the plotter is connected lectra software. if I am connect you have to install hpglplot software of lectra, and then you create hpgl file in Accumark from other computer. And you configre hpglplot software to auto read to send plot.


  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    edited April 10
    We have 3 teams: Lectra, Gerber, Optitex. Graphtec's usb plugged in Lectra PC, they save to .HPGL file and use Send.exe to send to plotter. Gerber and Optitex saved file and copy to a HPGL folder on Lectra PC and lectra team have to open Send.exe to plot.

    I already configured for Optitex team can plot directly (no need copy to HPGL folder) but with Gerber still cannot

    @bickin: yes, maybe it is a solution. can you show me how to do? Thank

    This is send.exe I shared plotter and connect on Gerber PC but in output don't have.


  • bickinbickin Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    I understand your organization. I suggest three way to send plotter. I write options easy way to Hard. 

    1. using hpglplot software, you should talk lectra team to instalition.
    You Will find exam configration.pdf that is shared before. 
    2. Using winplot with hp hpgl plotter to mapping printer in lectra system.
    Exam: lectra made like a printer, you Will map printer in gerber machine and you set winplot hpgl plotter. 
    3. Write a batch file command, Using send.exe
    send.exe has Got same parametric function. I am not sure at moment because I have not ce6000 in home :smile: but the command like send.exe file.hpgl /p lpt1 /q 
    You Will learn send /? 
    I Will write when i check it. 


  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    @pxtho, exactly the operators shouldn't copy hpgl files. You may configure the accumark as well optitex to generate direct to PC with Graphtech/Lectra software. And configure last one to autoplot files just they appear in incoming folder. This is the best way.
    Can you share how do you organized direct plot from optitex?
    For an accumark you may to try 2 alternative ways:
    1. If CE6000 has windows driver and present on dest PC as printer in devices.
    Map this printer to accumark's PC. Here is configure mapped CE6000 as local plotter via windriver on accumark's PC. 
    2. Install there just winplot on Lectra's PC. Next you've to configure semi accumark's network (i mean PEER or SERV topology) to allow remote accumark's PC(s) plot on CE6000. But there can be conflicts beetwen WinPlot and Lectra plottings software...

    The easy way to understand what is the best yuo've to unswer how do you organized direct plot from optitex?     
    And, may be, remote connection to Lectra's and AccuMark's PSc to check all
  • bickinbickin Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    @Vasyl I have not Got Accumark licence in home. if possible could you cheking that when WE set hpgl generic plotter, could we set tool2. I remember that we can set only one tool. But the plotter has two tools

    Second, if the plan to service with winplot. lectra clients is installed create hpgl file printer to send winplot.

    Optiplan can create hpgl file to send winplot. 

    and also, we Will be careful, maybe their plotter is not ce6000ap120. 

    @pxtho if possible, could you share your plotter picture or model number please. 



  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    @bickin, welcome
    but i see just generic plotter driver. not hpglgeneric.


    and it looks like we can set tool2


    But if we connect wplotter direct to comm-port (generic mode) the there can be issue for lectra or optitex software. cos commport will be occupied. Cos my suggestion for common use is windowsdriver. Sure if last one installed.
    So major question how it works now? dos @pxtho has to stop diamino plotter's service to plot from optitex?  Is the CE6000 present in windows printer/devices - windows driver installed?...
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    PS:
    @bickin, you donn't need accumark's licence to check what you want. Just launch GerberDevices.exe from 
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Gerber Technology\Plotter
  • bickinbickin Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    @Vasyl you are correct :)

    Firstly, the plotter can be work automaticly all department. But you will decied that the plotter connect i which department.

    Lectra can be send directly to plot and also gerber can be too. You don't need to use send.exe file to plot.

    In gerber part, you will map printer driver of plotter in one of gerber system and then you will set "HP Windows Device Drive" to send HPGL format. Lastly you will set PEER or Serv seting.

    but you will need technical service if you are not professinal information all system.

  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    Vasyl said:
    Can you share how do you organized direct plot from optitex?
    In Plotter Setup, I choose Lan printer and then browse plotter on Lectra PC.

    bickin said:
    @Vasyl I have not Got Accumark licence in home. if possible could you cheking that when WE set hpgl generic plotter, could we set tool2. I remember that we can set only one tool. But the plotter has two tools

    Second, if the plan to service with winplot. lectra clients is installed create hpgl file printer to send winplot.

    Optiplan can create hpgl file to send winplot. 

    and also, we Will be careful, maybe their plotter is not ce6000ap120. 

    @pxtho if possible, could you share your plotter picture or model number please. 



    Our Pinter is Graphtec CE6000-120AP. I shared plotter and connected on Gerber's PC but every time connect successfully, the plotter will stop working on Lectra's PC. I must restart PC to fix it.

    bickin said:
    @Vasyl you are correct :)

    Firstly, the plotter can be work automaticly all department. But you will decied that the plotter connect i which department.

    Lectra can be send directly to plot and also gerber can be too. You don't need to use send.exe file to plot.

    In gerber part, you will map printer driver of plotter in one of gerber system and then you will set "HP Windows Device Drive" to send HPGL format. Lastly you will set PEER or Serv seting.

    but you will need technical service if you are not professinal information all system.

    Can you show me how to do?
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    @pxtho. Thre you've 2 ways:
    1. Easy. As well you use window's driver for Optitex you've use same for gerber.
    You need map CE6000 to Gerber's PC. In this case i prefer you short (without space) name. And configure This printer as local nonaccumark's plotter. Find proper procedure in confignotes. Look in attachments. Also a documents i share is in Dos folder of intallation packet.

    2. Here you'll need to reconfigure Lectra and Optitex to generetae HPGL files in specific folder. And WinPlot will plot it automatically. Also i'm not sure your ap120 will work as sp120. @bickin, is it what do you mean?
    Install Winplot on Lectra PC. But instead this i whould just connect plotter to accumarks PC. Configure plotter as SP120 and try plot any piece.
    If you ger success then activate Spooller to auto plot hpgl files from specific folder. Find spooller options in Winplot Configuration in Windos control pannel.
    Next you need configure Lectra and optitex to generate files in this folder. Some instruction i find in AccuMark's docs folder and attach.

    PS: If you have few accumark's PSc then you need to organize network plotter's enviroments.  Find it in document attached by @Kathy Valade in start of topic.  
  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    Vasyl said:
    @pxtho. Thre you've 2 ways:
    1. Easy. As well you use window's driver for Optitex you've use same for gerber.
    You need map CE6000 to Gerber's PC. In this case i prefer you short (without space) name. And configure This printer as local nonaccumark's plotter. Find proper procedure in confignotes. Look in attachments. Also a documents i share is in Dos folder of intallation packet.
    Map meaning connect shared plotter, am I correct?
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    @pxtho, yes - you're.
    From my experience. Better if plotter's share had short name, no spaces. Like ce6000.
    I got some issue in past. But then issue was possible with winxp or old version of accumark

    How many AccuMark's PC you have?
  • pxthopxtho Posts: 7
    Vasyl said:
    @pxtho, yes - you're.
    From my experience. Better if plotter's share had short name, no spaces. Like ce6000.
    I got some issue in past. But then issue was possible with winxp or old version of accumark

    How many AccuMark's PC you have?
    3 pcs Vasyl. Do you have any issue if some PC send plot request in same time? Like overflow memory, or can not spool.
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 667 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    @pxtho. I have expirience with graphtec for 1 PC (am9 + winXPor7). 1 HP for 3 PCs (winXp , 7)...
    I haven't expirience with exactly your case. But have some suggestion.
    As well you use windows driver there shouldn't be issue on AM side. Let investigate
    Do you map Printer and configure as local plotter for 1 PC? Can it to plot successefully? Somescreen short with windows printer section, plotter configuration???
    or remote assystance?
Sign In or Register to comment.