Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

MARKER PLOT_ ANNOTATION

TatyanaQTatyanaQ Posts: 19
Hello, 
How do i plot marker with pattern pieces numbered ,  for example 1(10) , 2(10)  etc?
What do i select in "annotation"
Thank you .

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 811 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited January 17
    Pieces are named according to the pattern piece's pattern same saved in the storage area. It is defined on output in the Annotation table based on the original piece names. The only type of numbering convention for pieces when plotted in a marker is to choose numeric or alphanumeric bundling codes. That will plot the same bundle number on ALL pieces associated with the same bundle. You can set this feature and the starting number in the P-Marker Plot parameter table.
  • TatyanaQTatyanaQ Posts: 19
    edited January 17
    Pieces are named according to the pattern piece's pattern same saved in the storage area. It is defined on output in the Annotation table based on the original piece names. The only type of numbering convention for pieces when plotted in a marker is to choose numeric or alphanumeric bundling codes. That will plot the same bundle number on ALL pieces associated with the same bundle. You can set this feature and the starting number in the P-Marker Plot parameter table.
    Thank you ,Kathy ,I plot multiple sizes within one marker. I understoot that the numbering of pieces within each size can not be done.? I thought maybe something in here can be selected..annotation format..?  
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭
    You can type this numbers in piece description and set annotation to plo this
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 811 Gerber Staff 💛
    Piece name is going to output piece name that is used for the piece. You can create a number in the description but you'll have to come up with a system depending on what number you want output on each piece.
    @Vasyl and @Kathy Valade , thank you for your help! I thought there was an option in the system to count the pieces withing a "model" and number them . Thank you again ! 
    edited January 18
    TatyanaQ сказав:
    @Vasyl and @Kathy Valade , thank you for your help! I thought there was an option in the system to count the pieces withing a "model" and number them . Thank you again ! 
    Unfortunately - no ..
    But you may define for yourself the first 2 symbols in description/category is a number. For example: 02 2 cut.
    And set annotation for piece:
    PN1-50 - print all piece name
    / - new line
    PD1-2 - print 2 first symbols of piece description 
    SZ1-10 - print size
    / - new line
    PD4-50 - print rest of piece category.

PS. Usually i prefer instead "piece name" in marker print "model nane" and "piece category"
    @Vasyl, Thank you for your help !  Can I also ask you , how to bring multiple separate  markers into "easy marking'  as separate marker blocks?. I have attached an example. Thank you
    Not understand clear but try just attach one by one. They have to come following one-by-one...
    For why make blocks?
    @Vasyl , I have received this marker in "easy marking" from another patternmaker. And I wonder how they have done it, .. How they imported those files. they seem to be either PDF or JPEG , or something else i am not sure what ... 
    I do want to put different size markers onto one to safe blank spaces when plotting them. Thank you
    edited January 20
    Second way.
    Select Bundle - proper command in menu - and place pieces. For quick placing you may use AutoSlide tool.
    next set bump vertical line - proper command in menu - add some space
    next Select Bundle - proper command in menu - and place next size/bundle's pieces.
    next set bump vertical line - proper command in menu - add some space
    etc

If you have accunest tgen you may use section marker. Define section as bundles
    Thank you , @Vasyl for your help ! Will do that!