PAD & Gerber .DXF compatability

Hey ALL!
Is there possibility to import into Garber an .DXF file of graded pattern that was graded in PAD and preserve the graded nest?

Having issues with that, and no experience.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Gerber Staff 💛

Yes! AccuMark can import ASTM/AAMA .dxf files from any apparel CAD system that supports this format, including PAD. You can export the style/model as a graded nest or with a rule table (.rul file). Then, the files can be imported using the Data Conversion Utility or PDS

• What is the protocol for import in Data Conversion Utility?
    I am attempting to import using Data Conversion Utility choosing ASTM/AAMA (*.dxf) option and for some reason the graded nest is not showing up when I open the file in Pattern Design by going to: view/grade/show all sizes.
    I was hoping to extract different sizes from this file.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    I am on V8.3

• is the data exported with a grade rule? or exported with graded nest? this can have impact to if you get in your grading or not. There have been a lot new features in the conversion tools sins 8.3, I will recommend you to upgrade too.

• you need to import the ASTM/AAMA.rul file and then the ASTM/AAMA.dxf file.

• While you making export/import open settings/parameters. There you've find some options for grading. One nested pieces, one piece for size... But I'm not sure about v8.3.

There are many new features available in the latest released version 10.4 for conversions. The older versions did not have the convenience options that are in the more current versions. Therefore, you should import a .rul file first and then the AAMA file.

• Thank you all for the answers! Very helpful and clear. The grading service is simply not sending me the .RUL file, so I am helpless.

Request that they export the style using the "Graded Nest" option. That way you will get a graded set of patterns with the correct sizeline and no need for a .rul file because the grading will be included in the dxf file. They are exporting with the option that requires a .rul and if they won't provide it, your dxf import will be incomplete.

• This Marking & Grading service is 'old school' they are good with grading itself but not so commuter savvy, that's my impression.
    Or, they a 'pretending' to not know and charge us every time we need to pull out different size.
    Thank you for insight and pointers!

You're welcome!

• edited April 17

@Kathy_Valade

What is the difference between exporting as ASTM (.dxf)
    and
    exporting as AAMA (
    .dxf)???

It seems that exporting as AAMA is stripping mt point and line attributes.
    So my 'F-Rotation' and 'Smooth' points attributes are lost.
    I sent DXF to vendor and all that information was lost.

edited April 23

@Abhi_Irina AAMA .dxf is an older standard. The ASTM .dxf is the latest format that supports the most current data structure among apparel CAD systems.