Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Anyone on here using the Plotter Technology Fastjet II 2000?

cwinter70cwinter70 Posts: 14
Hi everyone 
I recently purchased a Fastjet II 2000 made by Plotter Technology, a UK company. The reason I didn’t buy the Gerber plotter is that I simply don’t have the space in my home office.
The Fastjet 2000 works with the AP300 drivers, or with its own software where you export as .plt or .gbr files. 

Ideally I’d like to use it directly from Accumark, though I’d be happy to export as DOS files onto the PTech software if I can get a solution that way. 
It’s working fine for markers, but the problem I am having is plotting from PDS (I use the ABS option in PDS which isn’t working with this machine), and also plotting a model directly from Accumark Explorer. It uses a full metre of paper per pattern piece, it won’t plot them next to each other. 

Another niggle is that it’s plotting the stitch lines as solid (despite settings being correct) and this I had fixed (no idea what I did though!), but after a month away I have plugged my laptop back in and they have frustratingly gone back to solid.
The company I bought it from can’t help as they don’t know the Accumark software, and Gerber won’t be able to help as it’s not their plotter. So I’m reaching out here with fingers and toes crossed to see whether anyone (possibly in the UK?) can help me. I just need someone who can understand the Accumark “language “ when I ask questions! 
Thanks in advance 
Catherine 

Answers

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    HI.
    1. I had unsuccessfully expiriance with ap300 diver. Cos customers are using own Ptech software.
    2. plot from PDS. Check is there checked option sounds like "Plot Pieces as Single DosFile" in Preferences->Plot.

To check file you can open it with any HpglViewer to check what kind of lines you got.

PS: i had face up problem. this plotter is plotting with original HP cartriges only.
    What cartriges are you using? 
  • cwinter70cwinter70 Posts: 14
    Unfortunately that didn’t work for plotting from PDS. I can plot the pieces but they won’t plot in the position I’ve got them on screen (ABS), and use a lot of paper.
    I’m happy to use the PTech software but I had the same issue where it just plotted the one piece at a time along the paper rather than utilising the whole width. 
    Cartridges- yes I’m using the HP45, I get them online but I believe Gerber and also the company that sold this plotter can also supply them. There is another ink delivery option but I’d need the machine to be modified to use that.  
     Go TO PDS-edit-Options/Preferences-Plot.
    And show screenshot 
    but you are not use DosFile....
    1. Select DosFile in Plotter Adress.
    2. switchOff PlotForm.

next 
    3. call File-Plot command
    4. Select all pieces you need at one time
    you should get plot file.
    5. Open file with anyViewer - not PTech software

Not too sure what these messages mean, clearly I have something done incorrectly again.. 
    This messages means that you have wrong configuration of DosFile generation...
    Open PiecePlot Utility. Go to View-PlotPreferences and set proper format and output folder
    OK, got it. 
    Now when I marquee and select a group of pieces in PDS it only creates a plot file for one of the pieces, which brings me right back to the start unfortunately... 
    There file named as first selected piece. But you've get all selected piece in one file...
    Open it with ptech software and show printscteen. Or post here
    Hi Vasyl, 
    Bingo!!
    Thank you so much for your help, you are very knowledgeable.
    I really appreciate it!
    Catherine