Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

What Revision / Change Control Capabilities are available in Accumark?

rodoshi52rodoshi52 Posts: 1
Is there any way to revise patterns and save revision history to view later? Can you define the revision schema for pattern changes?
Tagged:

Answers

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭
    edited August 23
    rodoshi52 сказав:
    Is there any way to revise patterns and save revision history to view later? Can you define the revision schema for pattern changes?
    there you can keep 2 extra pieces inside piece. It's an "origin" and saved versions.  Any time you can find and restore any of this version.

other way is to use Sessions as breakpoints of model's production workflow
  • ss398806ss398806 Posts: 9
    We have found this to be a big challenge.  Unfortunately, the best solution has been to create a "working" storage area and "save as" each model with components. We then manually rename the pieces with an in-work" number/designation.  After we finish tuning, we update the piece names to match our official release.  The "Bookmark" function is clunky and isn't very useful in terms of robust change management, in my opinion.
  • EricFromBCEricFromBC Posts: 49
    This is our revision tracking practice:

At first draft the models and pieces are suffixed "-A", changes go through -B, -C... etc.
    Model-B does not required all pieces to go -B, only the pieces that changed go -B.

At official release, models and pieces go "-0". Any modification after that goes -1, -2... etc. Piece list in our drawings omit the suffix.

When I use "Save As with Components", I copy the new piece names to Excel and use formula to change all the rev to -0.