Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

How to export Accumark to DXF file where the seam shows in DXF as a dotted line

BeverleyBeverley Posts: 122 ✭✭
Using V14 Accumark
All my pieces exported into DXF have solid lines and not dotted lines

1)Is it possible to export Accumark pieces via DXF and open pieces up in DXF to see the seam line "dotted".
2)If it is possible, then what do you need to change in your settings to make this happen.

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 768 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited May 23
    The line type (dashed or solid or none) is determined in your Annotation table and what is used when processing plot data. Example: Category=Label S and Annotation=LT2 for dashed, LT0 for none, LT1 for solid lines.

You can refer to online help for details:
    • To plot the label as a line: type LT0 to make the line invisible, LT1 to plot the line as a solid line and LT2 to plot the line as a dashed line.
  • BeverleyBeverley Posts: 122 ✭✭
    @Kathy Valade my annotation setting is set to LT2 but when exported via DXF it shows a solid line.
    Are the imported "seam lines" actually label S in PDS? Double check, because if you are not exporting seam/sew lines in ASTM DXF as system generated sew lines, you would be importing the seams as internal label I or anything but S
    @Kathy Valade yes they are label 'S' in PDS, also I opened a marker in Cutworks showing the line is a Label S
    Tried opening the DXF file in several CAD software and they all show a solid line.

The line type is defined in AccuMark generated plot output or as a display only feature of AccuMark PDS in Preferences. If you are trying to compare to Cutworks or other cad software, it would be controlled by their software. I would contact Hardware Support to have them look into your Cutworks display issue. 
    @Kathy Valade I was just using Cutworks to show / confirm to you the layer was layer S. Its not cutwork I have the issue with. I need to know what settings to use on a seam line labled 'S' and make it be exported with a dotted line and not a solid line in DXF. I need to send my data to a supplier and the line needs to be clear its a seam line(dotted) and not a cut line (Solid).
    Can you help?
    edited May 24
    The only way you can export the dotted line is with a plot file because when plot data is generated, it uses the Annotation table to make a "penned" format. DXF does not define line as a dashed or solid with ASTM and the only reason you see it as a choice in AccuMark is because our software has a feature to display the lines as solid or dashed. 

You could try generating the data as DXF plot data which would generate standard DXF and that may show the dotted line and what you would expect if say, importing into Illustrator since that program imports standard DXF format. Try generating patterns in PDS and with your Piece Plot Options set to DXF. Turn on the option to generate a single plot file as one DXF file. Be sure you have an Annotation table with LT2 in it and that is in your PDS Preferences.
    edited June 6
    @Kathy Valade I followed your instructions and created a piece plot file but still no dashed lines. I've took a screen shot of my settings and the results of the PDS and the exported data.
    Is there anything else that can be done or checked?
    Please let me know