Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

How to import Adobe Illustrator

bcooperbcooper Posts: 31
I am working with a client using AI. I need to know the correct way to import Adobe Illustrator DXF files

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 800 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited March 9
    Adobe Illustrator imports Standard DXF files. Therefore data may be exchanged through AccuMark using the Data Conversion Utility or PDS and the Export / Import Standard DXF format choice. There is a Data Conversion Manual next to DCU in the Ribbon if you need more information.
  • bcooperbcooper Posts: 31
    Hi, thanks for replying,
     I have imported some pieces and they are about 600m long! I have tried all of the measurement options (mm, cm, metres etc) but they don't work. I have managed to reduce the scale to the correct size but the pieces have way too many points on them. Also all of the annotations are seperate lines  which also complicates things.
    The unit MUST be the same in both applications. When you export - was it inches, millimeters or CM? When you import in Illustrator, use the SAME unit. There should be no need to scale afterwards on either side. Look at the DCU Import and Export Options for Units setting.
  • bcooperbcooper Posts: 31
    OK I can do this but will we always expect to see the annotations as seperate lines?
    Thanks

I don't know what you mean by annotations as separate lines. Can you provide a screenshot example?
  • SometimesIneedHelpSometimesIneedHelp Posts: 96 ✭✭
    If the annotations are on different layers in AI, they will come into AccuMark on separate lines.
    This has been my experience. :)
    You are your own Destiny
  • TatyanaQTatyanaQ Posts: 13
    Hello, can anyone help me what boxes should be ticked when doing(patterns pieces with grading) the 'SAVE AS">interchangeable DXF in adobe illustrator  . My file doesnt  after the conversion seem to be importing correctly . Checked pretty much everything . I have attched two pictures.  Pattern in AI  And a pattern after the import to Accumark. Thanks a lot