Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

where is "R [2].png

walt4044walt4044 Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in Signs and Graphics
when I try to print a job I get this this message. Never seen it before. Can someone please help me?  Omega6  EdgeFX

Best Answer

• Rob FisherRob Fisher Posts: 60 Gerber Staff 💛
    Accepted Answer
    When attempting to output from Composer we need to know the path to the file that was used. You can embed the image when importing, or embed it afterwards too. If the file is embedded you will not be asked about the location, because the image is included with the PLT file. This comes with the extra file size, but makes it convenient to use. If you can locate the file you can edit the image properties by selecting the image and then pressing the "1" key on your keyboard. You have the option to select embed there. If the path is not currently correct it will prompt you to locate it before it embeds it.

If you prefer you can leave it not embedded and answer the question of "where is" when you output each time.

Answers

• walt4044walt4044 Posts: 2
    Thanks so much Ron, I'm printing right now
  • Adam FosterAdam Foster Posts: 153 Gerber Staff 💛
    In composer click on the Image then click on IMAGE FILL (Shift+1) then click on INFO. If you get an error that the source image file can not be found (and you will) this means that the location of the original file no longer has the file. Click OK and now it will show you the original image path. This is where you imported the original file named  R[2].png from.
    This should give you an idea of where the original file was imported from. With any luck, you can find that original file by clicking on the 3 dots to the right of the image path and navigating to where the file is now located. If not use your windows file search to see if you still have the file.
    If you no longer have the original file and have no way to get it your next option is to convert the low res thumbnail that's on your screen to an image. This can be done by clicking on the image then go to the IMAGE menu and select CONVERT TO IMAGE. set the resolution and select HIDE ORIGINALS and hit ok. This WILL NOT be a high-resolution image but it's better than nothing and will now output.