Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

What am I doing wrong?: Modified pattern is a smaller size than the original piece.

klpklp Posts: 2
Occasionally a pattern I've modified and saved will change in size when I reopen the file. I've experienced this twice, since the update to the latest version. My first step after importing my scanned pattern bundles into AccuMark Patten Design, is make a copy of each piece. Then I begin to true them. I constantly compare the piece to it's original. This is done by using the over laying and measuring function. Everything is correct when I exit the program. A coworker said it could be a glitch. I am at a lost! I appreciate and welcome all advice.

Answers

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 634 Gerber Staff 💛
    Are you reassigning a rule table to the copied piece or using a default size line? Check your PDS Preferences for the defaults on your PATH tab and when you save are you using Save As or Save and it is set on the button for "model" or "piece"?
  • klpklp Posts: 2
    Thank you Kathy Valade. I have my personal storage area and RULIB (our company default table) is selected. I usually perform all saving options save, save as piece and model. I even use add to model. I don't understand "using a default size line", what and where is this?
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 634 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited May 14
    You're welcome, @klp If your pieces have RULIB on them and that is your company named table and your piece you scanned is the base size used in RULIB it should be the correct size. I would recommend you print out the scanned original piece. Then, look at a single piece report and verify your base size. There should not be a need to make a copy to compare.