Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

"nested" patterns

Roman107Roman107 Posts: 3
Hi,

I requested a pattern from one of our international vendors, and they sent me a DXF file. I imported the file in AccuMark but when I go to open it I see 114 pattern pieces. I was surprised because that particular garment I asked for only has 19 pattern pieces. After I opened all the pattern pieces on Patter Design I realized they sent me nested patterns and individual pattern in each size and non are properly labeled. I tried separating the pattern but PDS does not recognize the pattern as graded, and I get an error and the program closes. 

My question, is there a way, when importing DXF files, to select what pieces or sizes you want without actually having all the DXF file imported?

I notice that there is a small window that pops up asking which layers I would like to have imported to AccuMark.

I've attached an image of a sleeve and how it looks like when I import that DXF file.

I hope someone can help me on this matter.

Thank you,

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 651 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited March 31
    If you are importing a graded pattern, it should be ASTM/AAMA DXF - not Standard DXF. Since you mention a list of layers on import, it appears you are not importing with ASTM at the type of import. Please check and try again to import a graded nest. Also, there is an option for DXF Wizard. If you choose this it will determine if your DXF file is truly an ASTM/AAMA format or not. If it is not, it will be difficult to import as a nest since Standard DXF is not designed to support graded nests like ASTM/AAMA which was developed for apparel-based CAD systems to share data across platforms.