Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Exporting graded patterns from Accumark for Optitex.

stijnvdbstijnvdb Posts: 2
Hi, 

I'm trying to send some graded patterns to a client who uses Optitex. Unfortunately the grading info gets messed up somehow when they open the patterns in Optitex. When I check them in PDS however, they are still correct.

I used the DCU to export the model (as standard ASTM).
The rule table (as ASTM/AAMA rule table) with settings 'export with RUL'.

But still the grading gets messed up at some points, but not all of them. Can someone help me? 

Thanks,
Stijn

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 651 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited March 25
    Have you tried using ASTM Export Option "Graded Nest" and compared results? Check the Report Results details on both methods - with .rul and without. If you have any modified or nested grade rule point  (points with an * or #), you cannot export out using .rul method so those rules will be reassigned, unless changed on the piece first. Alternatively, I believe you may be able to export the pieces in an AccuMark zip file and Optitex can import. However, it may only support AccuMark V8 format storage area data.
  • stijnvdbstijnvdb Posts: 2
    Have you tried using ASTM Export Option "Graded Nest" and compared results? Check the Report Results details on both methods - with .rul and without. If you have any modified or nested grade rule point  (points with an * or #), you cannot export out using .rul method so those rules will be reassigned, unless changed on the piece first. Alternatively, I believe you may be able to export the pieces in an AccuMark zip file and Optitex can import. However, it may only support AccuMark V8 format storage area data.
    Dear Kathy, 

Thank you for the quick reply. I just tried export option "Graded Nest", but this way I only have a DXF file in the end.
    My client however says she needs both DXF and RUL files for the model as well as for the rule table? 
    edited March 25
    Why do they need both? The graded nest will provide grading and the piece information. If the receiving system wants the .rul file, you will need to add the modified rule information as new rules in your rule table and replace the modified rules with new grade rule numbers. 

ASTM Export with .rul file does not support modified rules that are not in the rule table. Therefore, you have to get these modified rules in the table and applied to the points before exporting the models. Otherwise, this export will fail. The alternative to this or Export as a Graded Nest or to use AccuMark Export Zip of the model, pieces and grade rule table from a V8 storage areas. This method will allow the modified rules to be on the pieces but you will still have a rule table that does NOT contain the modified rule data that you have on your piece. I would recommend you establish a better grade rule process and change your modified rules into actual grade rules that are added to the Rule Table. 

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭
    @stijnvdb.
    Firstly you've export  grading to ruletable with assignment lastone to pieces.
    Store model.
    Just next export model to aama/astm
    If your piece has modified rules on it you cannot export the model with rul option. Alternative is to export .rul file in separate process from the export of the model. Is that what you meant @Vasyl?
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    to refresh my knowledge i'd try export model with not modified rules but ruletable was missed. And i'd got just dxf file.

Here is manual for my customers to export data