Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

ASTM & AAMA DXF's with notches

JessieMoyerJessieMoyer Posts: 6
Hello! We are trying to export models (in a layout) as ASTM or AAMA DXF's with the notches visible on the perimeter of the pattern.  We need to do larger quantities of models at once quickly. Currently the notches are only showing up when we export them as standard DXF's but then we lose the models being bundled together and we lose the layouts. We have tried exporting from both Explorer & PDS. Any help you could give use would be great!

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 602 Gerber Staff 💛
    Jessie - ASTM Export is model based and Standard DXF is piece or marker based. Have you tried generating all the pieces in the model as a standard DXF in PDS using the Preferences PLOT option that allows you to save all the pieces as a single file?  
  • JessieMoyerJessieMoyer Posts: 6
    Hi Kathy! No, we haven't tried that...and to be honest, I am not sure how to do it. I have updated my PLOT preferences and checked the box for "Plot Group as Single Output" but when I go to Export from PDS it is not giving me the option to choose Standard DXF, just ASTM & AAMA. I have also tried plotting from PDS to a Standard DXF but I am not seeing where I can change it from Plot to DXF. Any steps or pointing me in the direction of a How-To for this would be great!
    edited February 24
    Jessie - it is not an Export routine function. It is File-Plot. Be sure to set up your PDS Preferences PLOT tab to DOS file and when you plot the pieces (all selected together) it will generate a single .dxf file.
  • JessieMoyerJessieMoyer Posts: 6
    Thanks Kathy! I appreciate your help.

We tried doing it this way but unless we use plot form, we have to replace every model into it's layout again on the form. As you can imagine, this is very time consuming for 30-40 models with 50 or more patterns in each model. When we just plot to DOS (without plot form) it puts all the patterns into a pile and is not legible. (See attached pic.)

Is there no way for the notches to show up on the DXF's using the ASTM/AAMA function? (Or something equally as quick.) It seems like there should be a more efficient process for creating DXF's in a layout with the notches visible to send to our suppliers.
    Exported Standard DXF includes notch geometry on a layer. It is no longer a system generated AccuMark notch. Only ASTM DXF can maintain notch dimension. If you want to look into this further, please open a CAD Support case and include the data for investigation. Thanks.