Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

How to hide seam allowance when plotting a marker

JaneJane Posts: 3
What I do wrong, in the same marker with two different model, one has seam allowance shown and the other does not show. Both of them has seam allowance in PDS:

Comments

• JaneJane Posts: 3

And I just want to plot cut line, not seam line.

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 800 Gerber Staff 💛
    Seam is saved on/off in PDS. The seam lines are managed in Annotation Editor. You must define seams with line type for the marker or the plot output. Example: "Label S=LT0"

• VasylVasyl Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    @jane.
    1. Be sure the wrong model has sew line. Some time after conversion it's a regular internal line.  Cos check is it hided/showen together in both models in PDS.
    2. Is the solid perimeter line sew line or cut line in PDS? 

PS: you can define what internal should plot  in P-Marker-Plot. Check the internal/tools section
  • alejandrac430alejandrac430 Posts: 1
    Hi 
    I have the same issue on v15 .Could you explain what is the rute to hidding the seam when I want to print a pattern .
    thank you
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 800 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited November 22
    Current software versions require you to add a line in your annotation editor for LABEL S and LT0 (line type zero means no line/seams, LT1=solid and LT2=dashed line)
    Then, use that annotation table when you are in PDS Plot, Piece Plot or Marker Plot. If it is a marker you would need that table in the marker order or reprocess marker plot and override the annotation table in marker plot processing with the correct annotation table.