Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

trouble uninstalling 12.2.1.135

When I try to uninstall 12.2.1.135 i get an error 1721***IS string not defined*** that stops the uninstall. I need this version uninstalled so that we can install Accumark 13.2
I have had several of our tech people try with no result - and I an awaiting a higher level of tech help here at our company..... is there something that I can point out to them that might help
Thanks for any help, Denise

Answers

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 602 Gerber Staff 💛
    Are you uninstalling manually or through the V13.2 install? It should uninstall automatically from V13.2 install. Otherwise, if you are stuck, my recommendation would be to use the Utility folder on the V13.2 install and run amcleaner.exe and clean out your registry entries and try again. If you still need assistance, please reach out to CAD Support.
  • Terry PadgettTerry Padgett Posts: 61 Gerber Staff 💛
    Look in the path below and run the amcleaner app. 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Gerber Technology\Utility\AmCleaner

Select AccuMark and click on Clean registry, then Clean disk and Clean DLL Count,

• deniseheuveldeniseheuvel Posts: 6
    thankyou for the info - i will pass it along to the tech team when they contact me. Maybe it is a permissions thing but I cannot see the amcleaner listed in the Gerber folders in either Program Files or Program Files(x86). And i know the tech support yesterday was looking for the amcleaner also and didnt seem to find it

• Terry PadgettTerry Padgett Posts: 61 Gerber Staff 💛
    You can also find a copy of the Amcleaner on the install download or disk in the utility folder.

hi again, amcleaner does not live on my system...the tech guy couldnt find it either.
    I went ahead with the 13.2 install hoping nit would work but i hit an Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation. I guess i have to wait for the higher up tech authorities here at work to step in
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 602 Gerber Staff 💛
    This folder is on the AccuMark installer usb or your download file for V13.2
    thank you both for your help , it was resolved by IT issuing me a new laptop with 13.2 installed....denise