Post your Gerber Technology product questions here on our forum! Start by selecting the category you need help with on the right hand side of the page; then, create your new post. One of our team members (or another forum member) will jump in and help.

Security key cannot be read

MadyMady Posts: 12
Hello.
I have an Omega 2.6 with Edge FX and Envision plotters.
I re-installed windows. And trying to Graphix Advantage 6.2 (Omega 2.6) too.
But the secret key is no longer readable.
The last time I used it was 2 months ago.
The total lifetime of the secret key is approximately 10 years.
What are my next steps?

Comments

• Adam FosterAdam Foster Posts: 123 Gerber Staff 💛
    Omega 2.6 is not supported on Windows 10, you will need to buy an upgrade to the current version of Omega. As of February 3rd, 2021 that is Omega 7.0
  • VasylVasyl Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    There you can try to update key"s driver...
  • MadyMady Posts: 12
    edited February 4
    Omega 2.6 is not supported on Windows 10, you will need to buy an upgrade to the current version of Omega. As of February 3rd, 2021 that is Omega 7.0
    This is not entirely true.
    I was working on windows 10 in Omega 2.6. And he printed on Edge FX and cut on enVision (using an expansion board for a COM-port).
    Yes, and one more thing: I tried it with Windows 7 - the same result
    Vasyl said:
    There you can try to update key"s driver...
    More details, please?
    From the Sentinel website, I downloaded and installed Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup.zip (not helped). But the official manual on page 12 says: "Drivers will automatically be found"... and it was until the last reinstallation of Omega.

The security key is present in devices on Windows (with no driver installed). Maybe that's okay - I didn't pay attention before. But the omega installer doesn't see the key.
    in some cases where old accumark version cann't see key on x64 bit systems there enougth to update sentinel.  But not to last version.
    For example. The AMv8.x not seeing key. Then sentinel from AMv9 can fix the issue.

Cos you may try to update driver. Step-by-step from your version to UP
    Mady said:
    This is not entirely true.
    I was working on windows 10 in Omega 2.6. And he printed on Edge FX and cut on enVision (using an expansion board for a COM-port).
    Yes, and one more thing: I tried it with Windows 7 - the same result
    Omega 2.6 was released in 2007 and is no longer supported as Microsoft has changed Windows and we are unable to get legacy software to work with the newer versions of Windows. If Omega 2.6 no longer works your only option is to upgrade to currently supported software.
    Vasyl said:
    in some cases where old accumark version cann't see key on x64 bit systems there enougth to update sentinel.  But not to last version.
    For example. The AMv8.x not seeing key. Then sentinel from AMv9 can fix the issue.

Cos you may try to update driver. Step-by-step from your version to UP

Thanks for the answer.

I tried options: with Windows 7 (the hardware has been working with it for more than 8 years) and with Windows 10 (with this operating system I have been working at Omega for the last year).

I have downloaded and installed sentinel_system_driver_7.5.8

I got the following results:

1.Windows 7: the USB-key appeared in the windows hardware, with the correct driver installed (at least it says so), but the Omega 2.6 installer still does not see the.

2. Windows 10: the key appeared in the windows hardware with the correct driver installed.

The installer displays a pop-up window and asks me to enter the serial number printed on the USB stick. Moreover, it automatically detects it correctly and substitutes - 1150659.

However, it requires me to enter a value between 520000 and 999999.

Link to screenshot  https://ibb.co/YLwyjRp

And here's what confuses. The official manual supplied with the equipment contains the following phrase: “... only use the Sential driver version 7.3.2 that is installed from Omega 2.6 CD. Don’t install the Sential driver from SafeNet website ... ”

I used to do this, I never went online about this, but then it happened.

And I couldn't find driver 7.3.2 for Omega 2.6 anywhere on the internet. Where to go?

And sorry for my English :)

Sorry Mady, we know that 99% of the time Omega 2.6 will not work on newer system, it simply will not work. It appears you were the 1% that had it working at one point. Your only option is to buy an upgrade.
    edited February 4
    Sorry Mady, we know that 99% of the time Omega 2.6 will not work on newer system, it simply will not work. It appears you were the 1% that had it working at one point. Your only option is to buy an upgrade.
    Dear Adam.
    I only use Omega as a driver for plotters. I design my projects in Corel or Photoshop. There is no point in buying a new Omega.
    The electronic key just stopped working for me. Before that, I successfully used Omega 2.6 on Windows 10 for a whole year (!). Nothing has changed in the computer hardware either.
    I also tried installing Omega on Windows 7 - the security key is not read by the Omega program, but it is present in Windows (as a device)
    edited February 4
    @Mady, then try to launch Omega in Wn7 (xp) compatible mode. Find lastone in shortcut properties...

Else use winxpmode virtual pc...

Or. Update omega
    edited February 5
    Thanks, everyone.
    Let's forget about Windows 10.
    One last question:
    I have windows 7 installed, how can I restore the security key for installing Omega 2.6 and working in it with Gerber devices (Edge FX and enVision).
    May I install other programs for working with Gerber devices?

P.S.  I don't want to buy a NEW Omega (as a driver) just to make the devices work
    @Mady, ask Gerber for replace key.