In Paragon can we apply two different notches in same marker

Dear Concern,

In Paragon is it possible that we can cut two different types of notches likewise V- Notch and Slit notch in same Marker? if yes than how can we do this by using AXIS along with Cutworks 11.
In my experience after apply two different notches from CAD and Edit auto notch conversion from Cutworks. Our Paragon get crazy not response. On AXIS main window after selecting Marker its shows Nest length 0.0 cm and Nest Width 0.0 cm Marker not submitted and shows origin 0.0.

with regards,
Safdar Hashmi      

Comments

• MuhammadOwaisMuhammadOwais Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    @safdarHashmi Yes it is possible to cut 2 different notches in same marker on Paragon. Even I'm doing it in every Marker with External V + Internal V + Slit notch. for that You've to define different type of notches in Pattern. Please follow these steps:

1. Open Your pattern in PDS and Right Click>Edit notch Info:

2. Select First Notch (Slit) and assign it Type as 1

3. Select second Notch (V) and assign its type as 2 and Save the pattern

4. Open notch table and assign Slit on 1 and V on 2 (As per their type) and set Values

5. Process the Marker with new Notch Table and generate its cut file. It will automatically assign relative notches to each notch point.

Now proceed the cut file in Paragon and check what it shows there...

P.S. You can assign any notch type to any number, just make sure their definition is same in Notch table with respect to their type number...

Regards,
    Owais... 

• safdarHashmisafdarHashmi Posts: 4
    Dear Owais,

As mentioned by your end i am doing the exact same procedure. Notches assign in PDS and it shows in Maker making along with Cutworks but second assign notch like Slit or V-Notch its shows highlighted line not as cut perimeter line in Cutworks even not cut by Paragon. I try to sign from Cutworks by using Edit conversion notch or wise verse. its assign in same cut file marker as cut perimeter line but in Axis main operation widow Marker not shows and given Nest Length cm 0.0 and Nest width shows  0.0 CM . even for any Marker if we select machine not respond and stay at same position shows Nest length and width 0.0.   

with regards,
    Safdar Hashmi
    @safdarHashmi Please share Your Notch Parameter table and Pattern with assigned notches details here...
  • safdarHashmisafdarHashmi Posts: 4
    @Owais just need to know can we cut two different notches in same Cut file from Paragon?
    @safdarHashmi As I mentioned earlier, Yes and I'm currently cutting them....