Pattern Design to AutoCAD annotation issues

KatyMKatyM Posts: 5
When my patterns are opened in AutoCAD the annotations rotate or even move away from the location I set in Pattern Design.  Can anyone give me hints how to prevent this?  The CAD department spends hours fixing these and it's very frustrating on both ends.
https://gerbertechnology.vanillacommunity.com/post/discussion  

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 548 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited September 18
    Are you exporting the files to DXF in the converter or plotting as DXF?
    Which version of AccuMark?

Depending on how the files are generated from AccuMark, the annotation is positioned according to the true center or grain of the pattern.  With plot files, it can be controlled by using an annotation line on the patterns to control the size and scale of annotation. Then, specify the line type - A or B line in the Annotation Editor and specify it when generating the plot file.
  • KatyMKatyM Posts: 5
    we have version 11.  I send the model to the CAD department by exporting a zip file through the Home menu>Data>export zip.  If exporting them through Output>cutting and plotting>marker plot or marker plot options gives me more control, it would be good to try.  Do you think it would help? 
    When I re-read your question, If I want to plot something for my own purpose, I use EasyMarking>Marker>send to plotter (DOS File) then open that file in AutoCAD.  IfI am sending models to CAD to make drawings for the plant, that's when I export a zip file.  I think they need my model to see where I had the annotations at to be able  reposition them.  If the annotations stayed in place, then CAD would likely be happier with the exported dxf file. 
    ok, I've spent my afternoon trying to figure this out. It looks like I need to use Annotation line.  I just have no idea what that is.  I find references to the annotation table and to using the P-Marker plot parameter table.  But no where have I found explanations on HOW to use them, what to change in the table or where to find information. 
      I did make improvements by using Accumark> Output>Model and Piece plot but that doesn't completely fix the problem and means the CAD department needs to reassemble my orange peel since each piece is exported separately. 
    Can you clue me in?
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 108 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello Katy:

Are you a new AccuMark user?  If so, then would recommend checking out our training opportunities located on Gerber University

You can also email [email protected] for more information and to book on-line, in-person, and/or self-guided training...promise this will save you a lot of stress and give you back your afternoons:). 

With that being said, then you can create either a 2-point or 3-point annotation line on a piece.  If two point, then go to Create|2-point line.  Create the line in the location and length you want for the annotation.  You will need to then use your right mouse button, click in the work area and go to Edit Line (properties).  You will change the line label to A. 

If needing a 3-point line, then will need to Create Line using the Digitize Line function...and then changing the line label to B.  Please also reference attached.

I hope this is clear and helpful...again, would urge you to consider taking a training class...these can be tailored to be as short as 1 hour or based on the regular training schedule we have listed in Gerber U.

Thank you so much!  I have forwarded the suggestion of a training session to update the Annotation table so the Line A and Line B will work.  They don't right now.