Annotation Editor

How do I use and create new annotation file?
I am in process on setting up V13 and VELOCITY plotter, I am the only person in the compony on Gerber and new here.
I have no experience in Annotation Editor, I need to display style number, piece name, fabrication, size...ect.
Looking in HELP menu and nothing come s up under Annotation Editor

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 584 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited September 2020
    It is there. Open an Annotation Editor file like "A" and then go to the question mark. It will allow you to search from a browser like in google. Here's the location: paste it into your address bar.

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Gerber%20Technology/AccuMark%20V12/AccuMark/Help/Forms/HTML5/Default.htm#annotation_editor.htm

• VasylVasyl Posts: 777 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    @Abhi_Irina. .

Here can be present two different situations.
    1. Usually piece name including model name and plotter have to plot last one twice.
    2. A new model is including a pieces from another model. Then prefix will not match.

Cos i prefer make annotation to plot model name MD1-50 and piece category PC1-50... Instead piece's name
    Especially for markers
  • Abhi_IrinaAbhi_Irina Posts: 46
    Thanx guys, I think I got it working.
    Tho I didn't get the sew line to plot dashed, the cut line and the sew line are both plotting solid, even tho on the screen the sew line is dashed...any clues?

To plot line dashed you've set 
    LABELS      LT2
    Where S - sew line label, 2- dashed, 1-solid, 0-not plot
    Thank you Vasil and Kathy!
    Everything worked, except dashed sew line while plotting.
    I did exactly that and sew line in still plotting solid.
    LABLES  LT2

edited September 2020
    Abhi_Irina сказав:
    Thank you Vasil and Kathy!
    Everything worked, except dashed sew line while plotting.
    I did exactly that and sew line in still plotting solid.
    LABLES  LT2

LABELS - correct
    Oh YES! Thank you Vasil ~
    My dyslexia got me yet again :)
    edited September 2020
    Post printscreen of annotation here
    Hey Vasyl, thank you so much for your help.
    Here is the screen shot of the settings.
    Finally its plotting all okey, however when I rotate the pieces in the Velocity software the annotations are not rotating alongside the grain line, the come out all gabled up letters are plotting on top of each other, not lined up

Hey Vasyl, as soon as I posted, I noticed I had LT2 twice in DEFAULT and in LABLS, that it why it was mixing the annotations when I rotate.
    I deleted the LT2 in the DEFALT section and its plotting fine ~
    Yet again I am in trouble:
    No matter what I do, my internal sew line in the plotter is solid...so annoying.
    Please help!
    edited October 2020
    @Abhi_Irina, do you ever plot dashed line on Velocity plotter? I mean does last one support it. Whould you post here a plt file?
    Anyway the perimeter line (solid in PDS) should be a seam line, cut line - outside - dashed. Check it. 
    Else you have to swap seam/cut line and fix pereimeter line as seam. The both command find in advanced ribbon.
    Also check settings in PDS on Path tab. Is there storage with your annotation table? PLOT tab - is there correct annotation table.
    Yes, I did double check and I have the correct Annotation file designated PDS on Path tab. It's in same  storage area as all my other files.
    I did plot before on the same computer and same plotter it did plot the cut line as solid and the sew line as dashed.
    I am not sure why it suddenly changed.
    I suspect it has to do with plotter paths.
    When trying to attach the .plt file website tells me "type file not allowed" :(
    Change extension plt to any allowed or just zip file.
    "Anyway the perimeter line (solid in PDS) should be a seam line, cut line - outside - dashed. Check it. "
    I meant in PDS!
    Or show preentscreen your piece. Cos on yours prev you not show piece in PDS
    Oh yes, the line definitions in PDS are okey and I can toggle between them, but I'll check again.
    Anyway, fix perimeter as seam
    SO!
    Here is the deal, if left unattended VELOCTY plotter does rogue things, what I mean by that, if I do not designate the path from which I merge several pieces together to be plotted, VELOCITY is somehow merging pieces together and my annotation file is not dictating how my plot will look, however when I designated a path for the individual .plt files to be merged out of, it al looks like I intended to.
    This thread might help someone in similar situation.

Abhi_Irina сказав:
    Okey I think it was zipped.

Ok. Exactly "not ok".
    Here isn't dashed line (sp2). Only silid - sp1.

So i've to repeat. Show your piece in pds or attach here.