Shutdown

whitestarwhitestar Posts: 39
I have created a pattern in PDS using a copy of a previous pattern and amending it.  I touched up the grading and as I was saving all my changes PDS shut down.  Luckily I had saved the pattern, but was unable to save the grading. When I tried to open the file again by locating it in AccuMark Explorer, Explorer closed the second I clicked on that model.  Tried again with opening just the pattern pieces with the same outcome.  I tried opening it in PDS with File->open with the same outcome.  I can't even use the arrow buttons to highlight the model without it shutting down whichever application is open. Please tell me there is something to be done....

Comments

• Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 508 Gerber Staff 💛
    edited July 10
    Which software version? It could be a number of things. Do you see a message when it shuts down? Please attach a screenshot. Also, if your applications are simply shutting down, it could be your usb ports shutting down to save power and then your key will not work and the applications will shut down immediately. The other time it will shut down applications is when antivirus tools do not list the AccuMark program files as Exceptions. Please refer to the troubleshooting documents installed to your desktop in the Documentation folder under "IT Manual"
  • whitestarwhitestar Posts: 39
    @Kathy Valade thank you for responding. No ma'am there is no message to screenshot.  If what you are describing is the case, wouldn't it be true for all my models and patterns? Not just one in particular?
    Yes. If you think it is specific to your data, you can send it to CAD Support and open up a case to investigate further. First, run Check Storage Area-verbose on this storage area. Run it three times or create a new storage area and copy the models from the original area to the new. 

What version of Accumark software are you using?
    What type of storage area - V8 or V9 format?
    You can also check your Windows Event Logs under Applications. There may be something in there referencing our exe's or dll's. Be sure your Windows updates are current as well. 
    edited July 10
    @Kathy Valade
    I am running AccuMark 12.0...V-9 storage area

It has to be this specific data because I've been able to work on everything else in that storage area just fine.  

When I right click on the storage area and click on "check" that window opens for a split second and then closes...did that 4 times

How do I copy the model if I cannot highlight it?
    What happens when you copy that model to a NEW storage area?
    I am referring to checking storage area from AccuMark Explorer-File Options-AccuMark Utilities - Check One-Verbose.
    @Kathy Valade
    I am unable to even click on the file to make a copy of it so there is no way to copy and paste it into a new storage area.

When I follow the above path for "checking storage area" the system runs through everything and then it pops up with a box that says AccuMark Utilities...Done...Ok

Nothing else...
  • Aubrie_MeyerAubrie_Meyer Posts: 38
    I am stepping into this conversation because this sounds familiar. I had this problem when I was using McAfee security software. It would not allow me to open sil2000 files. Even after adjusting my McAfee software to allow them. I eventually uninstalled McAfee and now use Defender that comes with Microsoft. NO PROBLEMS after that.
    Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. I even tried to delete the model and pattern piece but I can't even do that......
    @whitestar What didn't fix the issue? What are you using for Antivirus. Please take note of @Aubrie_Meyer. Very good point. Antivirus tools can block programs that your AccuMark software needs, especially tools that are looking for common behaviors - good or bad. You must list all the AccuMark program folders as defined in the Troubleshooting guide if you want to rule this out. Please see attached. 
    I deleted/uninstalled everything related to McAfee on my computer and that didn't fix the issue.  Defender is the only thing running as far as I can tell.  

I tried this:  "AccuMark Explorer-File Options-AccuMark Utilities - Check One-Verbose" and once it ran through everything is just gives me a window that says "Done." 

You said "Please see attached." but I don't see anything attached anywhere. Am I missing it? Or did you forget to attach something?

edited August 4
    Did you have McAfee Site Advisor, Dell Data Protection, Dell Data Support or HP Support assistant tools installed?

Also go to Windows Start icon - "Run" and in that search bar type in winver
    This will tell you your Windows build version. Please attach screenshot of it here.