Issue importing PLT with PDS and tracing pieces

Gerbnick72Gerbnick72 Posts: 14
Hallo, i'm trying to create pattern pieces from a plotter .hpgl file by tracing pieces. I have first imported it in Accumark Explorer and then i have sent it to plotter, specifying DOS file as type, HPGL as source type and PLT as destination extension. The system creates the file under PLOT folder but it is empty (0 bytes). I tried with different files but with same results. So i have copied the imported accumark file directly from storage areas and changed extension to .plt, and in this way PDS import the file, but system smoothing points are not correct interpreted by PDS and shapes of pieces changes. Also i have another issue: when tracing pieces, whatever shape i choose, the software gives me the same error 'Perimeter not closed, cannot create new piece'. But the line i choose to trace is closed and to be sure i removed also points for notches (maybe system consider notches as opened lines) but i have not solved. Any idea about this issues? Thank you as ever for your help

Comments

• VasylVasyl Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    Hi. A piece's perimeter must have 3 lines as minimum. Cos you've split common perimeter line before trace last one.

Yes. A shape can be changed after import. 

Also check a notches. After import yhis is some short segments. So you've add notches manually. And remove intermediate point as falsenotch.
  • Kathy ValadeKathy Valade Posts: 508 Gerber Staff 💛
    Have you tried plotting the plt files without importing them? Right click over the plotter icon in your system tray and select PLOT. That will start Winplot which will let you plot saved plot files.

• Gerbnick72Gerbnick72 Posts: 14
    ok, thank you! will try both suggestions