Plotter Icon Dissapeared & Unable to Plot

tidivi23tidivi23 Posts: 136 ✭✭
Hello :-) 

The plotter icon that is usually displayed at the bottom right corner of my screen (along with all other icons that indicate what is connected to the computer) is no longer visible and I am unable to plot. 

I checked in the plotter queue and it says that the plotter is "Online" and there are items waiting in the queue to be plotted. I've restarted both the plotter and computer and I am still having the same problem. 

The symbol for the digitizer is still visible and as far as I know I am not having any trouble with the digitizer. 

Is there a specific place I can go to troubleshoot this problem?  Do I need to somehow reconnect the plotter to this computer? 

Comments

• Jost LindemannJost Lindemann Posts: 46 Gerber Staff 💛
    tidivi,

the plotter-icon that shows up in the systemtray is related to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Gerber Technology\Plotter\Wplotter.exe" (AM Version 13).

If this icon is not present, WPLOTTER.EXE may not be started. Look into the taskmanager and look for wplotter.exe, i assume, its not present there.

This can be caused by several problems:

1st: did you get any error-messages when logging in to the workstation your plotter is connected to? Common errors are 54000, this may happen if the queue is on a network-drive, the mapping was not yet completed before wplotter.exe was started.

2st: few week ago I had this problem at a customer. Root cause was a misconfigured virus-scanner which moved wplotter.exe into a quarantaine-folder. Since the program was not any longer it is expected location, it could not be started.

Best regards
    Jost
  • tidivi23tidivi23 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Hi @Jost Lindemann and @MuhammadOwais

Thank you for your responses! I did check in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Gerber Technology" and there is no longer a "Plotter" folder in there. I believe it was just there and then I went back to check and now it is gone. Why is that? I don't know how to go into the "anti virus exceptional folder" and install the software again and I'm also unsure of where to even look for a "quarantine folder". 

Are you able to provide an easy step by step guide for how our IT department can reinstall the software? 
    tividi,

please take care of the version of the installed AccuMark-SW

This belongs to AM version 13. AM13 is 64 bit app and that's why it uses this path:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Gerber Technology\Plotter\Wplotter.exe" 

MuhammadOwais was talking about an older AM-version. The previous versions (the ones which do not fully support 64bit):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Gerber Technology\Plotter\wplotter.exe" 

Please check again the proper location.

• tidivi23tidivi23 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Hi @Jost Lindemann

I am using Version 10.3 and the path  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Gerber Technology" is correct - there just isn't a "Plotter" folder in there. 

Are you able to provide an easy step by step guide for how our IT department can reinstall the software?
    tividi23,

it is difficult to advice how to create exceptions in you antivirus-software. Every vendor has its own procedure.

Read "Security Software Interactions with AccuMark V10" which is part of the documentation  located in "Training Docs\AccuMark IT Manual"

This paths have to be excluded:

C:\userroot
    C:\acmkmrbin
    C:\program files (X86)\Gerber Technology (64-bit)
    C:\program files\Gerber Technology (32-bit)
    C:\program files (X86)\Common files\Gerber Technology (64-bit)
    C:\program files\Common files\Gerber Technology (32-bit) 

When reinstalling AM-SW you must ensure, that the user who is installing the software, has full admin-permissions. Other wise there is a high risk of a damaged installation.

The installation self is straight forward. From the install media run "AUTORUN.INF". A Website will be displayed where you need to click on the "AccuMark" - icon.
    If it does not work (some internet-explorers and their settings may deny this), go directly into the AccuMark-Folder of the install-media and run "Setup.exe".

Best regards