V13 compatibility

bme13bme13 Posts: 2
Is there a way to make v13 work with version 7 storage units? We recently upgraded and I had to create new storage areas but can not use any that were made for version 7 without copying all files, models, pieces.. etc. 

Comments

• Sue CarrierSue Carrier Posts: 83 Gerber Staff 💛
    In AccuMark V13 the version 7 storage areas are read-only. You can retrieve data from them and copy the data into a version 8 or better yet - a version 9 storage area. This is because version 7 is an older format
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 101 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hello:

Version 7 folders (storage areas) have been read only since at least V11.0. 

In order to use these folder, then you will need to copy all files, modes, pieces, etc. into V9 storage areas (recommended). 

There is also the option to upgrade storage areas from V7 to V9 in AccuMark Explorer using File|Options|Storage areas (see attached image), but would advise caution when using this tool...as is a good idea to have a back up of your V7 files when using the "storage upgrade" tool in File|Options.

I hope this is clear and helps.

Jaye.
  • bme13bme13 Posts: 2
    edited May 18
    Thanks ladies, the problem is that one of our pattern makers doesn’t want to learn a new program (she’s currently on V5.1) and can only work within version 7 storage units and in the long run having to copy everything from v7 to the newer units isn’t going to work with the size of our company. So I wanted to see if there was a way to make it possible, but it appears this is not a possibility. 
  • Jaye BrownJaye Brown Posts: 101 Gerber Staff 💛
    Hi BME13:

You are welcome and yes, you are correct.  The pattern maker will need to use V9 storage areas.

Thanks for checking,
    Jaye.